Open new tab - opens gets frownie face black screen Win 7 Pro SP1

webcompat

.1.Open brave browser go to website. Repeat multiple times.>> (Have 6-7 Brave tabs open, some by opened new tabs manually, some by clicking on links that open new tab).

2.Opened new tab entered address, got black screen

Actual Result :New Brave tab opens, get frownie face, black screen, data does not display. Tab Hangs for while, can’t close tab for awhile.

Expected result: New brave tab opens & displays website.

Reproduces how often: Today happened 3 times. Twice on mail.google.com, latest time on attached screenshot website.
Same error Has been happening occasionally on prior 2 versions of Brave.

Brave Version

Brave: 0.23.39
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: a38be75ccb0f699f507b66c4d44b3b21d1677e25
Muon: 7.1.6
OS Release: 6.1.7601
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.103

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):yes

has occurred on current live release.

Additional Information:
Win 7 professional service pack 1, with current security maintenance.

Hi @mlmarek!
This issue may be presenting because of your Shields configuration. Try accessing mail.google.com with your Shields down (Go to website, click lion icon in the top right, toggle Shields to off, website should reload). If you are able to view the website with your Shields down, this will confirm that it is a Shields configuration issue. In that case, would you mind replying back here with a screenshot of the website with your shields panel open (so I can see what options are set)? Once you do I’ll be happy to continue troubleshooting with you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi,
I accessed mail.google.com with shields down and it loaded successfully. I closed the tab and reopened it on mail.google.com with shields down and it failed. Screenshot attached.

Hello again,
I apologize but I should have been more specific. I would like to see what your Shields are set to when they’re on. I suspect the issue is caused by having the “block scripts” option enabled in your Shields panel. Can you try toggling “block scripts” to off and then trying to log in? If this doesn’t work, then, again if you don’t mind sending another screenshot of your shields panel while Shields are enabled (I just need to determine which settings are enabled/disabled) we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you!

Hi,
I don’t have block scripts enabled. Please see attached.
Thanks.

Gotcha. It looks like gmail is working properly under those Shields settings! Does that configuration consistently work for you?

Tab and website open successfully probably 50% of the time on mail.google.com. It failed twice this morning on mail.google.com. And occasionally it will happen on a different website (as in my original post).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.