Open new tab freezes Brave window for 2 secs

Dear Brave developers, it’s ridiculous to release 2 updates and leave unfixed this crucial issue. Brave browser is unuseless now. Switching back to Google Chrome.

1 Like

Me as well. Brave 1.8.96 on Mac OS 10.15.4. Roughly 10 seconds every time; I think this has gotten longer over the past couple weeks, as though an ever-lengthening log file was being parsed, or some such,

I also see an issue Facebook where entry into a new post pauses for a few seconds and then moves the insertion point to the start of what had already been entered. Seems to happen in other browsers as well, so maybe unrelated,

1 Like

The new tab hangs on the Brave browser for several seconds. The current behavior with Brave is browser freeze till the new tab comes online.
the bug is in loading the new tab content from somewhere. An easy fix is to override new tab content with an extension. I tried the following and the tabs open immediately.

Tab Override

1 Like

Hangs when you launch Brave or a New Tab have been tied to a minor bookmark integration feature available on the New Tab Page. We’ve decided to change this in future builds, which should result in substantially faster launch-to-load times. Thank you all for the feedback!

3 Likes