Open links with app, not download

Description of the issue:
When I click on a link, I would like to open an application that loads the link. For example. If I click on a link for an excel spreadsheet, or a torrent, I will open the appropriate application with the link.

Hey @wjgo ! Welcome to the community :smiley:

What device are you on? What OS?
What link are you using that is giving you the issue?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Porridge

Windows 10.

Trying to load a torrent link, and various links. I get an option to download the torrent file only. If I click on a .zip file link, I can download it only, not open in my zip application. Suppose I want to open a .pdf link, the the .pdf editor I purchased. Only option seems to first open it within Brave, then open it again. Is there an option to open application links in the default applications set in the OS?

Hey @wjgo !

Can you try opening the magnet link instead of downloading the actual torrent file to see if it gives you the option? You may have to disable the builtin WebTorrent extension for this to work.

To download PDFs, please go to brave://settings/content/pdfDocuments and turn that setting on.

Hope this helped.

Porridge

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.