Open link in new *background* tab? [SOLVED]

EDIT: Solved. Can’t believe I didn’t think to do this as I typically do when something isn’t functioning as it seemingly should. I went to a private window to test the behavior without extensions and sure enough, no issue opening new tabs in background. So, I disabled the most likely suspect, which is the Alternate Tab Order extension, and that fixed it. I was even able to remove and reinstall the extension, then enable it again, and keep the functionality.

Description of the issue:
Hi - I cannot open links in new tabs without that new tab stealing focus. I’m fairly new to Brave, so I don’t know whether this is a new or continuing issue.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Command + click on a link in current tab

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
New tab steals focus.

Expected result:

The typical behavior I expect in a Chromium-based browser (i.e. this works perfectly in Chrome and Edge), when I click in a link while pressing the Command button, is that the link will open in a new tab without taking focus. This is of course helpful when wanting to open multiple links from a given page or email before reviewing them all.

Reproduces how often:
Always

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
1.10.76 on Mac OS 10.15.5

Thanks.

[PS - Sorry for the multiple posts! Realized the beta forum is much more active after posting in dev, so figured I’d have a better chance at a response here.]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.