Open in app within browser window intermittently appearing

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
I subscribe to Medium.com, which has an iOS app. I have Brave set as my default browser in the app for my email provider. When I follow a link from an email and it opens in Brave, it used to have a bar at the top that said something like “Open in App” which when pressed, would open the current article in the Medium app. This option no longer appears, and instead it says, “Get started.” I cannot say for certain whether this is a Medium issue or a Brave issue, only that it is somehow interrelated between the two (I have opened a similar support request with Medium). Everything does function normally with other iOS browsers (e.g., Safari, Chrome). I cannot think of another app/site to test, but if you have one to suggest, I would be happy to try it to see whether this is an issue with Medium or with Brave.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Download Medium app on iOS.
  2. In Brave, go to any publication. Here is an example.
  3. Check the top of browser window for an option to open this article in the app. It should not be present.

Expected result:
An button at the top of the browser window that has a link to open the current article in the Medium app.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.14.3 (20.02.01.06)

Mobile Device details
iPhone 11 Pro (MW9G2LL/A). iOS 13.3.1.

Additional Information:
This has been occurring for a few months, but I cannot narrow down exactly when I first noticed it.