Open all external links in incognito mode

performance

I am glad that Brave Browser allows me to create Brave Browser Incognito Shortcut on my home screen to always launch Brave Browser in default incognito browsing.
May I know how can I always open all external links in incognito browsing as well? Right now, all external links are open in non-incognito mode.
Please advise how can I go about having all external links to open in incognito mode

Hi Moriger,

What I meant was… “external links” e.g. from Whatsapp and SMS. to be able to also launch websites in incognito (privacy browsing) mode. I am able to create incognito tab in android home screen. This way it always launch Brave browser always default in incognito (private browsing) mode.

Hello CCH

I’m not sure what you mean by “external links?” If right click any link in Brave, the first option on the menu is “Open Link in New Private Tab”. This may help you.

For privacy concerns, another option is to change your settings to clear all data when closing Brave. From the menu in the upper right, go to Settings > Security. Under “Private Data” set Brave to clear all your desired information, so the bars turn orange instead of gray. This will likely be easier and more convenient than using private mode for all tabs.

I’m afraid I don’t know of any way to do that. @suguru would know more about it.

Hi Moriger

Here is a feature request that will launch Brave browser, default in incognito mode.

Stay in incognito mode based on Brave browser exit.

Please look into a feature that Brave browser can remember my preference of incognito/normal mode. If I exit Brave browser in incognito mode, it stays or remains in incognito mode when the next time I launch Brave browser app again.

This feature is going to be useful for those who choose to always browse or stay in incognito mode for privacy browsing with each launch of Brave browser app or opening link from an external link from Whatsapp, SMS or any Chat messaging app in a straightforward method, directly to incognito mode or tab based from the Brave browser exit that was in incognito mode.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.