not sure if there any other flags but if there non then maybe google removed it

sorry for not being able to help

1 Like

no problem. thanks for trying.:+1:

1 Like

@anujkmr953 you welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

@justsomeone1 ,

No, Google did not ā€œremove it.ā€ In fact, a few Brave developers are responsible:

ā€“

March 17th, I added:

Originally, I did not see info at GitHub, such as the following, that I finally stumbled across:

ā€œhttps://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/21556#issuecomment-1067224433ā€

Where ā€œbscliftonā€ wrote:

"Thanks for the feedback folks - weā€™re discussing internally. There unfortunately isnā€™t just a flag and weā€™d need to keep and maintain a bunch of patches to keep this functionality (and each Chromium upgrade weā€™d need to maintain those patches)

Weā€™ll share once we have more information. Thanks for your patience"

ā€“

2 Likes

Adding my name to the list of people who are unhappy with the changes made to Tab Groups.

I have a large screened phone and this update makes Brave uncomfortable to use one-handed. I donā€™t normally have many tabs open and when they are grouped at the top of the screen, I am having to change grip as my thumbs just arenā€™t long enough to reach them.

If they do insist on keeping Tab Groups, then at least have them start at the bottom of the screen or give us the option to do that.

3 Likes

I like operaā€™s tab layout the most. Loved it since childhood. But google introduced this unnecessary grouping layout. Google!!!:triumph:

This forced annoying grid tab layout was the only reason I switched from Chrome to Brave.
Since that I liked Brave, but now I dislike it and start looking for alternatives again. I joined the community just to kindly ask to save Brave and to restore the option to switch to card tab layout, this ugly grid tabbing is absolutely unacceptable. Thank you for your attention to usersā€™ opinion.

4 Likes

@santa hope developers consider bringing back the layout.

2 Likes

Some important features still missing

1 Like

commenting for reach. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha :grin:ā€¦haan bhai thanks :+1:

this is chrome and they even remove the flag option from it

do you have latest version of chrome on android and you have the option or flag to disable tb group ?

1 Like

@justsomeone1 ,

Not using an Android device.

And, I do not use Chrome.

2 Likes

Poke! Iā€™m following this too, found this thread while looking for an official answer (none that im aware of, correct me if Iā€™m wrong plz) made an account specifically to comment. I get that systems want to move a UI forward for ā€œprogressā€ but this is ridiculous. Not everyone has a big enough screen for grid view to make sense, and even then, not everyon wants itā€¦

Would really like to know how seriously I need to be looking for another browser, but holding out hope theyā€™ll fix this.

1 Like

i primarily use brave for youtube playback featureā€¦thatā€™s the option that i am keeping brave installed. The day they remove this feature, I donā€™t know which browser i will use. And yes they shouldnā€™t have remove this tab layout.

This (vertical tab view) was something changed upstream in Chromium a while back but we kept it in Brave. When Chromium 99 came out, the view was removed completely and we had to make the choice between supporting it ourselves entirely (non-trivial) or removing the feature as well.

I believe there are still discussions about re-implementing this view and/or adding alternate view options in future releases. That said, none of this is guaranteed. Iā€™ve asked our Android team to see if there is any other work/considerations surrounding this and if so Iā€™ll be sure to reply here with what I can.

Appreciate everyoneā€™s understanding.

6 Likes

@Mattches thanks for clarity on the issue as alwaysā€¦:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We do understand your situation.
Hoping for an alternate view option similar to the cascading stack in the near future.

1 Like

@Mattches, thanks for replying. Seems thereā€™s quite a few of us users out there that are quite upset about this issue, so if possible itā€™d be great if you communicated this to the product owner.

2 Likes