One tab consistently uses 20% of my cpu

Description of the issue:
One tap consistently uses 20% of my cpu, I duplicate the tab and the duplicate tab will only use about 0% like all my other tabs. I won’t even have the tab focused and it still uses that much. The tab is my inbox from mail.com website and I only have about 20 emails in my inbox.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I’m not sure how to reproduce, this happens randomly with 1 tab, I just caught it now on mail.com

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Reproduces how often:
It’s random

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 11
v1.52.130

Use the Chromium/Brave internal task manager with Shift+ESC…

It is pretty much useless to try to troubleshoot anything with Windows Task Manager unless you are using Edge which will display the process correctly.

It could be a page, an extension or any Browser’s service, renderer. Usually high CPU usage like that is more an extension than anything else, unless you are watching a video or something, or you know, when people cluelessly turn Hardware Acceleration off, instead of troubleshoot why the hardware acceleration is causing issues.

It could also be that the mail page was not well optimized by their devs, or it could be an script causing the issue, which might be able to be blocked by the adblocker, like happens many times, and sometimes it can be blocked or stopped from causing issues.

So, basically, it could be anything at this point unless you use the internal task manager, once you get the Process ID, you can use any other task manager like SystemInformer or Process Explorer/Monitor.

OK I checked using shift esc, I think the mail page is badly optimised because it’s only that using a lot of my cpu and randomly fluctuating, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.