One of my profiles keeps crashing. Tried the solutions I found; none worked

I don’t know where to post this but—could you help me open/recover my profile? It keeps crashing on me whenever I try to open that specific profile. I don’t want to lose my opened tabs and bookmarks there.

I’m not using any themes or extensions—google drive extension kept bugging me to add it in brave but I’ve always removed it.

Fixes I tried:

1. Deleted all visible files inside the extension folders in “Default” and every profile I have (AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data)

2. Adding these strings at the target of the shortcut
    →(–disable-features=BraveVerticalTabs)
    →(–enable-logging=stderr --disable-features=BraveVerticalTabs)
    →(–no-experiments)

3. Changing “vertical_tabs_enabled” from true to false in (AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default → Preferences)

Basically, kjozwiak’s solutions from this link: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/33598

1. Resetting the flags in brave://flags/

2. Disabling “Brave News” at new tab page → Customize (bottom right)

But I still can’t get the profile to open. Can you help me solve this problem? I don’t want to lose that profile Thanks!

P.S. I updated to the latest version today, and yes I was using vertical tabs on that profile, but other profiles with VT enabled has no issues at all. I hope the team could help me get back that profile :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.