On windows 7, still no rewards for watching ads

Hi,

I just intalled the Beta version and it seems like I still don’t have access to the ads viewing feature. I enabled it in my settings but there are still no ads appearing… and of course no rewards.
Didn’t work on the dev version either.

0 Likes

Hello Moutezz, Brave Ads isn’t supported on Windows 7, as Windows 7 doesn’t have the system notifications required for Brave Ads.

As much as we love Windows 7, it’s worth noting that Microsoft will be officially ending all support (incl. extended) for Windows 7 as of 2020. It may be worth updating your OS in the near future!

2 Likes

Ok I’m now on windows 10, still no ads.
I’m in France.
I put focus assist on off, selected 5 ads per hour in settings.
Anything I’m missing ?
I saw you mentioning that you have to enable notifications. Where is that ?

0 Likes

How long have you waited/browsed so far without ads?

5 ads per hour in settings.

Please note it is not “5 ads per hour”. It is up to 5 ads per hour, which could mean 0 if the algorithm doesn’t feel there is a match, or there was never a good time to deliver an ad to you!

Focus Assist settings are the notifications settings, so you should be okay there.

There does exist a bug where ads do not show up, but that usually happens over time. If you are on a fresh install, it should work :). Keep us updated.

0 Likes

About two hours.
Is there anything to change in the brave shields settings ?

0 Likes

you sure? I’m running Windows 7 Enterprise and Ads are working fine from my side…

0 Likes

There are still no ads.

0 Likes

In one of our new releases, ads are working on Windows 7. However, you need to make sure your Win 7 installation is updated with the latest service packs, etc.

0 Likes

Are you serious ?
You made me download windows 10 for nothing then ?This is ridiculous !
Ok, can you at least now answer me about what I asked ?
Why is this not working now ???
You’ve been of exactly zero help until now, quite the contrary actually.
Getting really pissed as you can guess,

0 Likes

And still no answer, no help !

0 Likes

I have this in my settings :

" An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80040154 – system level).

Learn more

Version 0.63.29 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)"

0 Likes

You really should calm down. No point in getting pissed off over a browser you are using in beta.

1 Like

I’m sorry, who are you again ? I don’t recall anyone asking for your opinion here.
So I should be happy because I spent a day installing windows 10 and now find out that it wasn’t necessary ? I should be happy because I asked a simple question, a question I’m sure I’m not the only one asking about, and still didn’t get a proper answer 5 days later ?
This just proves how amateurish this project is. You wanna be a top browser ? Get a decent support who can answer simple questions like mine. The windows 7 bug has been going on for months now and you still haven’t figured out what’s going on.
I guess I’ll try to find an answer on twitter, reddit or other social networks but trust me I’ll make sure to let people know what a great support I received here.

0 Likes