On one of my Brave Profiles, tipping doesn't work (i.e. option never appears). Any advice?

Briefly describe your issue: The little “BAT tipping” feature button does not appear for one of my Brave Profiles. It works for every other one of my Brave Profiles (not sure if it is relevant but the one it doesn’t work on is my original, the very first “default” one). I’ve checked that all the checkboxes for Reddit and Github and such are checked, I just updated Brave, I’ve restarted Brave and my computer, and I’ve dug through my setting to see if there were any differences between my Brave profiles (didn’t find any). Does anyone know why the BAT tipping symbol won’t appear in Reddit/Github even when the corresponding checkboxes are checked? I’ve heard sometimes you have to wait, but sometimes I’ll have Github open for 4-6 hours, on the same page running in the background while I work, and it just never shows up.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 10, Brave v1.27.109

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) No

What date did you verify your wallet? No

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? I get the Brave rewards BAT but can’t use it to tip.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? USA

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? No. Haven’t linked anything to Uphold.

Are you using multiple Profiles to Tip Yourself?

That’s against ToS and may get your account banned.
@Mattches Look into this.

It doesn’t work when it detects that you are Self-Tipping.

If it detects any problems with the tips, it will ban the account.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.