Old BAT/old device/updated brave/auto contribute turned on

Briefly describe your issue: I have struggled to move my rewards from my old phone and old laptop for years. I have a decent amount of BAT on both. Today i decided to give it another try. I updated Uphold and Brave on my old phone, and auto contribute turned itself on. It gave all of my BAT to random websites. It was 20 BAT even, it distributed 18.8 BAT and .2 in fees i guess. I synced my devices before but it wouldnt come to my new phone. I would really like to recieve my 20 BAT that i lost today. I did earn them after all.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? newest update for brave and uphold.

It says version is Brave 1.51.118, Chromium 113.0.5672.126

Operating system is Android 8.0.0, Build/R16NW

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) This particular wallet has never let me get verified dispite trying countless times.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? no

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? yes

Auto Contribute is usually 1 BAT default. Any more than that requires the User to change amounts. For you to say something more is added is definitely very unusual.

How so? I mean, Android never allowed for transferring of BAT from one device to another, except for you to be connected to a custodial partner like Uphold or Gemini. If you were in an unsupported region or anything, that just meant you would be out of luck.

However, Desktop has always let people be able to move over to a new desktop. We have given instructions in places like How to backup Desktop but also in replies and topics in many places over the years. That little backup article is just something small I wrote in my updated FAQ. It also had been included in my older FAQ (which is now retired) written in February 2022, which you can see at -Retired- PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

I see only one topic of yours from 2 years ago, which is Brave rewards are worthless if we can't do anything with them. In it you never explained your issue or requested help. It also wasn’t put in a proper category, which made it easier to be lost.

As a User who just helps here, I have to say that you’d need to provide a lot more information if you want assistance. Try to provide as much detail as you can so you don’t leave us having to make random guesses or assumptions on things, such as why you’re saying you haven’t been able to get verified with Uphold.

In any case, do submit a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 so someone from Brave can help. If you reply here with your ticket number, that might help them see the issue and look into it a bit earlier. Otherwise be advised it can take a while. Usually 3-5 business days but some people have been reporting waiting a little longer, so they might be a bit behind.

I have not been able to verify my account because i push verify and it will say it failed to load. Over and over. I tried everything. I cleared my history, i cleared my cache. Its an old phone, i basically reset everything. I have amazing wifi. I have the latest versions of both uphold and brave. I passed the app that they mentioned, although i forget what its called. After it wouldnt let me get verified it says “try again.” I hit try again probably 30 times. I tried typing all of my log in information again (restarting the process) probably ten times. When those didnt work, i tried loging into uphold on Brave browser and i tried it probably twenty more times. I spent about four hours this morning trying to verify that wallet so i could at least view the pending auto contribute transactions to try and cancel them or whatever… if thats a thing, idk. Anyway, 2 years ago, i was dealing with the same thing. I gave up back then. Its frustrating to spend so much time failing over and over. I probably have 200-500 BAT scattered on old devices. None of them let me link my account to Uphold. Conveniently however, my new phone and laptop with 0 BAT, linked just fine.

1 Like

Hello! DMing you now to investigate. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.