Number On Rewards Icon

Briefly describe your issue:
There is a number 1 with a red circle around it located in top right corner of the Rewards Icon in browser. What does that number represent and where would I find it??
I’ve been unable to find any answers on this subject.
Thank you
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android 12-Version 1.43
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No
What date did you verify your wallet?

**Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?**yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
**Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?**Yes United States

**Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?**Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??****strong textNo

Could be a notification from rewards section. If you haven’t claimed the BATs if you’re unverified, it will show the circle for you to check and claim them.

It’s been on there for a couple of weeks so I know it’s not my bat because I’ve claimed it already. I’ve looked in the rewards settings several times, I just cant figure out where the notification is.

Probably your account is flagged then?

Oh yeah… See if you have autocontribute on. I remember that once one user had it on and the notification was for that Brave sent the amount for auto contribute, so that could be the case.
Highly likely this is the case cause you mention you haven’t turned off Auto contribute…

1 Like

@Sarecee26 did you end up looking from within brave://rewards or are you primarily just looking at the icon on your Search bar? Make sure you’re checking both. It should have something for you to do. Sometimes it’s telling you that you have to Verify again, sometimes it’s a Claim button, might be something about tipping or auto-contribute, could be some sort of message, etc.

Hey guys,
Yes auto contribute is always on, it’s never turned off and I’ve checked internals as well. I have looked over every setting everywhere and still I can’t find what the notification is for. Is there someone at brave that can look at my account and tell me what it is??? And you mentioned maybe my account is flagged, how would I know if it is and what does one need to do to correct it??
I really appreciate you guys helping me find a solution!

I doubt that’s the case. If it’s flagged you stop earning BAT and shouldn’t see ads. Currently the only way to know if you’re flagged is to try to connect to Gemini or Uphold, at which point it gives you the notice that you’re flagged.

Btw, @Sarecee26 , you went generic with your Android version. Can you make sure it’s updated? What I mean is current version is 1.43.90 and you put you’re using 1.43. The final bits like I shared let us know which patch number of the version. If you’re not on it, sometimes just updating will help.

Lastly, what @SmartyAadi was based on post below. So just saying that it could just be a notification of your Auto-Contribute being sent and you’d have to go there and hit Ok on the notice in your Rewards menu.

Saoiray, my apologies for cutting off my brave version, it is 1.43.90. I believe I can rule out flagged because I’m getting my ads and bat and reading back over the rewards menu, there is no notice or ‘OK’ button to tap anywhere in menu including auto contribute, I’ve been an auto contributer since day one but I’ve never had a notification before. I really don’t know where to go from here. Any suggestions Saoiray?? Thank you for helping me!

All good. I guess it was wishful thinking that you were using slightly older and that once you did the update, it would all resolve and make sense.

Honestly don’t have much of a suggestion at this point. I’d tag someone for extra thoughts, but Support staff tend not to be active on Brave Community over the weekend. I know it might be slightly annoying, but maybe let’s get through the weekend and see if it goes away or something appears in your Rewards menu, such as person in that link I provided above mentioned.

If it’s still there Monday, try to tag me, I’ll see if I can get some minds together to figure it out. I’m saying to tag me because I lose myself in a lot of stuff and it’s possible I’ll forget. So tagging on it at least will bring me back to the topic.

Ok sounds good. I couldn’t have gotten as far as I did without your help, it’s much appreciated. I will hold off the weekend see what happens and I will tag you on Monday.
Enjoy your weekend!:grinning:

Hey it’s 2 weeks later and still no resolution to the notifications.
I’ve posted on r/brave but no one seems to have a solution either. If you could ask around to see what suggestions others may have, it would be greatly appreciated.

@Sarecee26 Well, I know we kind of mentioned a few things earlier. It’s probably going to be something simple I’m going to kick myself for not thinking about. What we’ll do for now is tag @Evan123 and @SaltyBanana to see if either might be able to pop in to offer some suggestions. Just keep in mind it’s the weekend, so might be a couple days before they pop in.

Hi @Sarecee26 thanks for answering @Saoiray’s questions.

Just to elimate that this just might be some type of hang up within auto-contribute.
Can you disable and enable auto-contribute and let me know if the notification is still present on the Rewards icon?

Hey @SaltyBanana and @Saoiray, yea I’ve tried that and it still there. I’ve even checked my tips page but that didn’t clear it either and I’ve also checked the brave rewards internal page as well. If ya’ll happen to think of something we haven’t tried just let me know.
Thnks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.