Novel Newegg.com Error

Description of the issue:
When visiting NewEgg.com, the prices display for less than a second before disappearing as seen in the screenshot. This happens on every item, every price.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to newegg.com, no shields turned on.
  2. Click on an item
  3. Watch the price, it initially displays, then everything to left of the decimal disappears.

Desired result:
Price doesn’t disappear.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.9.76 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Does this happen for everyone, or am I the unlucky one? Screenshot (473)

Hi @drewb, thanks for reaching out!
Can you try creating a new test profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

1 Like

So that seems to fix it. What could I have done wrong that is causing this? Is there a way for me to export all my browser settings to identify where I went wrong?

There might be something within your main profile causing the issue. eg. an extension.
Can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

1 Like

I have no extensions. It’s one of the reasons I why I like Brave. I’m able to protect my browsing experience from most adverts without having any extensions.

What are your Shield settings for the newegg site? Can you share a screenshot of your Shields panel?

Shields enabled or disabled, result is the same. Here’s some screenshots with the outcome while shields are disabled.

First picture is a screenshot taken while loading. ~0.5s after refreshing.
Second picture is when the site is fully loaded. ~1s after refreshing.

Gotta love a puzzle

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?
You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

No cigar. It’s still occurring. I may have enabled some optional settings like DNS obfuscation (something similar to that) and one other, but I can’t remember the URL to access these settings.

Can you go into the new egg site settings and then try clearing all data and reset permissions?

Sadly, that didn’t work either.

Would you be willing to reset all your settings via brave://settings/reset ? Bookmarks, history and passwords will not be reset.

Yes. I’ll report back around 12:30pm EST.

Edit:
I reset all settings (edit: for the whole browser) and it’s still occurring. This is perplexing.

Are you using a VPN?

I’m not. Creating the new profile does work, so I’m thinking it’s related to something I’ve customized about this profile. It’s very odd that the reset didn’t work.

Can you try right clicking, going to Brave, and then clearing css rules for all sites.

1 Like

I had to clear CSS rules for all sites. There must have been some overlap. You’re awesome. Thank you, Aaron.

1 Like