Notification enabled but not working

bug
performance

Hello, I used to use “push notification " with Chrome, but I can’t with Brave
and I’ve enabled " Notifications” and allowed some sites like Twitter, Reddit…
also tried to disable Brave Shield and nothing displays.

1 Like

Push notifications should work on most sites as long as you allow them to. Are you prompted to allow pop-ups from these sites when you visit the?

0 Likes

Sure, but when you clicked on, nothing displays.

2 Likes

??? can you help ?

1 Like

@Joee,
Apologies for the late response!
Are you still not seeing notifications on your end? If so, can you show me what sites (if any) are included in the Allow list of sites that can send you notifications? You’ll find this list in Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy and Security --> Content Settings --> Notifications

0 Likes

I have the same thing , for example YouTube is allowed but i’m not getting notifications from YouTube , the ONLY website I get notifications from is this website (brave community) , I got no idea why it happens and how to fix it

0 Likes

@ilan0098,
We actually have an issue with YouTube notificatoins right now specifically. We have an issue logged for it here:

1 Like

@Mattches
The YouTube was just an example , except Brave Community , I don’t get ANY notifications , not from Facebook or Gmail or Twitter or whatever , Brave Community is the ONLY website I get notifications from , how can I fix it? :sob:

0 Likes

@ilan0098,
I see. Either way, you’re correct – web notifications for many sites don’t always behave as expected. I think that i will edit and expand upon the issue I linked to above to give the devs clearer information regarding the bug.

Thank you for your patience – I’ll let you know what I find out.

1 Like

Alright , thank you.

0 Likes

Thank you @Mattches .

1 Like

are there any updates?

0 Likes

Thank you for bumping this. Asking team for any updates right now, appreciate your patience.

1 Like

I’ve requested to have this issue moved up in priority so we can hopefully get eyes on this and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

1 Like

I just updated the version of my browser and it didn’t get fixed yet , i’m wondering if it’s even possible to fix it :frowning:

0 Likes

@ilan0098,
There definitely is a fix considering that many users (myself included) can receive notifications. That said, if you’re using Windows, you may also want to check the Windows “Focus Assist” settings on your machine. Focus assist controls can be found in the icon tray on the taskbar. You can also adjust Focus Assist settings on a more granular level by going to Display Settings --> Focus Assist.

Ensure that you have this feature configured to show notifications – if it’s not, it may explain why you’re not seeing any appear.

0 Likes

Since I see notifications from this website only, which isn’t much , but still getting the notifications , I don’t think that the problem is in my machine at all.

0 Likes

Can you help @Mattches ? , I’m using Linux but, untill now I can’t receive push notifications.
not from any websites. @ilan0098.

0 Likes

@joe,
Can you show me which sites should be showing you notifications? You can just take a quick screenshot of the list of sites allowed to send you notifications by going to Settings--> Advanced --> Privacy/Security --> Content Settings --> Notifications

0 Likes

0 Likes