--------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->
Description of the issue:
Version 0.68.142 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Every time I start Brave Browser 17 processes start and the browser becomes very very slow to access any sites. It slows down that I wait for about 5 minutes to access a site and do anything.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Start Brave Browser
- Look at task manager and you see 17+ processes start
- Then after trying to look at the news or anything, by creating another tab, it starts to get slow.
- Working on my Word document, I get a error that there is not enough memory and it cannot save.
- The text notepad document blanks out and I no longer see the words.
- I have to hard boot and start my system again.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I expect the browser to be fast and not to start so many processes and then hang when I try to access another site or do anything.
IT also starts to deplete my memory - I believe there is a memory leak and all of a sudden I am not able to do anything like open folders, save my word document, etc. The graphics is not rendered and I no longer see my folders. I have to actually HARD BOOT my computer.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave version: Version 0.68.142 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
That’s it. At times I have to start using my Firefox again because it is much faster and it doesn’t hang. I also do not see many updates for the browser.