Nothing shows up when I open the app

it is still not working for me at 11:48 CST

1 Like

I am having the same issue with Brave not responding. Iā€™ve checked for updates and restarted my phone with no luck. Pixel 5 running Android 12

1 Like

iā€™ve tried uninstalling and re-installing an older version and nothing happened

1 Like

Brave crashed at around 10:45pm CST for me, and is still unresponsive at 11:56pm. So far Iā€™ve tried:

1. Clearing the cache on my Settings app
  2. Force stopping Brave
  3. Restarting my phone
  4. Installing Brave Beta (didnā€™t work, was unresponsive)
  5. Installing Brave Nightly/Developer (was also unresponsive)
  6. Repeating steps 1-3 several more times.

Not sure if I need to do something else to make it work, but Iā€™m nervous about losing data if I fully uninstall the app.

same thing here, still non-functional as of 11:56 PM CST

Just noticed that my phone (Pixel 3a) is still running Android 11, oops. Iā€™m going to try updating to Android 12, and will report back if that changes anything.

I didnā€™t do anything, but everything seems to be working fine nowā€¦ Hope that whatever the issue is gets fixed for everyone soon.

1 Like

Itā€™s working for me again at 12:06am CST

1 Like

Itā€™s back to working for me as of 00:17 CST. Hereā€™s hoping it stays that way, eh?

1 Like

It is working on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. I am using Android app and is running great thanks for the fix.

The app broke for me at around 11pm PST. Just like everyone else, tried clearing app cache in System Settings. ā€œClear all dataā€ apparently requires running the app, so that froze when I tried to do it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still didnā€™t work. As of right now, itā€™s still hanging on start - even when it displays the ā€œWelcome to Braveā€ screen.

Seems interesting that people reported the issue starting around 10:30 to 11:00 in their local time zones, and apparently started working again after midnight local time. Odd problem - wonder if it has something to do with the shift to Standard Time, even though that already happened last night?

Also, if this is a server-side thing going on, that sure doesnā€™t instill a lot of confidence in this browserā€™s privacy claims.

1 Like

And sure enough, working again at 12:15am PST. Very strange.

1 Like

I had uninstalled and reinstalled while it was down. I lost everything. All my bookmarks, all my open tabs. I was in the middle of something important tooā€¦

2 Likes

Yea that stinks. Good thing I didnā€™t do that, just a reinstall. But it is working again. WT H happened to everyone here? This is alarming.

1 Like

Yea the same thing happened to me as well. I hope Iā€™m just missing a possible account we can use to link it instead of there not being one. If they implement that, this would be my only browser Iā€™d need to use

Anyone figure out what happened and for this to happen to so many?

tĆ“i cÅ©ng bį»‹ thįŗæ giį»‘ng cĆ”c bįŗ”n