Not recognized transaction from Brave Browser

Description of the issue: Brave Browser made transactions without my approval.

How can this issue be reproduced?: Through automatic contributions not authorized

1. I’ve been earning from ads a couple months. Until today, I only made a withdraw from Uphold once, the amount of “1.37” BAT to direct wallet. Since the beginning, I ended up contributing to content I didn’t want to once, because I didn’t realize I let the option to automatic contribute ON. But then I realized that and turned that off. Since then I always had a look on it to assure it stills OFF, and now recently I noted some unknown transactions. I made contact with UpHold support and they said those were from Brave’s automatic contributions to websites I visited. So I’m here to get an explanation of how could this happened, once I turned that option OFF. It may be another option I should have disabled, but couldn’t find.

The following is the unknown transaction:

“You sent 3.00 BAT to @BravePublishers” - completed, 8 days ago (07/07/2020 3:26 pm)
Blockchain: c8b96e7c-2dd4-44fd-acba-8f553d8376bc

It’s basically the sum of all earnings from the last 2 months. The payments were credited automatically to UpHold. At the end of the month, the payments go automatically to UpHold and then my Estimated Brave Rewards returns to zero. That’s the normal procedure. But then, this month, don’t know why, there was this 3.00 BAT debited from my account. And if the option was really activated and it was my fault, then why last month I didn’t contribute automatically with any website? Since I only use Brave Browser, there should probably be a contribution.

I could send a print screen but didn’t find a way to submit it here.

I just noticed this automatic contribution a couple hours ago. I went to the Brave config. panel and I saw that this automatic contribution option was still deactivated. That’s why I don’t understand how it ended up debiting 3.0 BAT from my account, and that’s why I call this a not recognized transaction from Brave.

Thanks for your attention!

Expected result: Not to contribute without my permission, since this option wasn’t deactivated.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.