Not receiving payouts for several months; statements all reverted to zero on payout day

Briefly describe your issue:
Have not received payouts in about 5 months, losing out in at least 60 BAT by this point. Have tried resetting Brave Rewards, re-installing Brave, etc. When verified with Gemini payout was simply not received with no records in statements on payout day, all zero. When unverified the notice that I will be able to claim soon show up but on the day it is supposed to be able to be claimed, button is not available and there are no records in statements, all zero. Estimated BAT rewards still accumulates but on payout days each month everything reverts.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
OS build 19043.1586
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Brave 1.36.112

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Not currently. Was verified with Gemini in the past but was not receiving rewards so i thought it maybe was a bug with Gemini. Now unverified and still not receiving/claimable.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes many months ago.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Yes. Mozilla VPN. I also use the same VPN on Android and was able to claim to an unverified wallet (Gemini unavailiable for Android version of Brave)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, USA

Brave Rewards Settings:
Ads On 10 per hour
Auto-Contribute Off

Hey @lightspeed. I’m going to try to tackle various points in random order here. Try to roll with me here if you can.

Yeah, that’s not a good thing to do, ever. I really wish we could have gotten you to reach out here first. The reason for this is once you uninstall the browser, you lose all vBAT that’s stored in it. This means nothing stashed on Uphold or Gemini is lost forever. (well, assuming it was still in your browser anyway)

Usually if issues, good to come here and send info along to staff. Mattches and Steeven are the two who typically handle everything. Issues do happen occasionally, but the trick is kind of having to figure out what’s causing the problem.

Yeah, they are actually reworking how this works and statements will be available to all users. But until they finish that, currently statements are only made available for those with unverified wallets. Otherwise you just have statements from deposits and all being made to Gemini or Uphold. This is already a conversation I had with the CEO of Brave and he stated, yes, ads history needs to go back into statements for prior months. Unfortunately there’s no ETA on when they’ll get this as there’s some bigger issues being worked on first.

TL:DR on that part is no statements would be available to you if you had a verified wallet

Ok, now this part is kind of sounding weird. I mean, sometimes Claim isn’t available right away and needs a few days. But it’s generally not available. And as said in the one above, it should have been able to give you a statement for prior. So yeah, definitely would need to reach out to staff. We’ll get into that at the end.

This hints that you’re not flagged or anything, as normally if flagged you’ll not get any ads or estimated earnings. Estimated earnings should always go to zero or a lower number when it converts to the next month, but then your balance should have been sent somewhere. Whether you claim it and had it stored as vBAT in your browser or it got sent off to Gemini/Uphold.

Officially VPN is allowed and doesn’t necessarily cause conflicts. What is important to know and be cautious of though is that your VPN needs to be in the same region as your device. If your Locale, IP Address, and Brave Rewards Locale don’t all match, it CAN cause you to stop earning BAT and/or even prevent you from seeing ads. Not sure what settings you’re using, but keep that in mind.

So yeah, you definitely need to reach out to @steeven and @Mattches. Send them a DM, which they’ll use as a service ticket for you. When you DM them, you’ll pretty much leave them a short summary of your issue as well as:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

The most important part there is your Wallet ID. Make sure you send it in a DM and DO NOT post it here, as it’s information that’s best kept private. Plus, as I said, the DM serves as a service ticket. Without it, you’ll have nothing done except for them to tell you to message them. So good to get a jumpstart on things.

NOTE
Unless you have your Wallet Info from before you uninstalled Brave, they likely will only be able to help you with your current browser(s). Perhaps they’ll ask you for more or be able to do something, but I just know usually they are limited to what Wallet ID and all they can get from users. Also, be advised it can take them a while to get back to you. Hopefully they’ll respond quick, but be ready for it to take weeks. Expect the longest, hope for the best, and hope to be pleasantly surprised. (Maybe follow-up if no responses like 10 days after you DM them)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.