Not receiving Brave BAT from ads on mobile Android

I came across a similar topic in the forum but the post was closed back in May so I am creating a new one.

I am using Brave on Android cell phone and up until this week I have received BAT for the ads I opted in to receive. I have noticed that after clicking over several ads over a couple of days this week that my BAT amount has not increased at all. I still receive the ads, but I do not get the BAT for viewing them.

I have cleared cookies/history, restarted phone, forced stopped and restarted brave app, closed all windows and still have this issue. I like my phat BAT loot. Please send help so I can continue to stockpile it.

regards

1 Like

@CaptunCrunch Are you not being rewarded for NTP Ads or Ad Notification? Are you getting NTP Ads that belong to your region? You can check here- https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

Since, for Android, NTP Ads come from region as set in device language, try changing your device region to one that matches your locale/Device Region. See this entire topic for more clarity on NTP Ads-

For Ad Notification, there can be many reasons for not being rewarded. Answer all the questions as given in the template and tag someone from support team.

I’m also having the same issue, haven’t changed any settings on my device or Brave browser, yet haven’t received a single ad today.

@CaptunCrunch,
Can you please send me a DM with the wallet payment ID of your Android device so I can take a closer look?

Thank you.

I apologize Mattches. Was a busy week since I made this post in the forum. Here is the bug report you requested below. I will send you a DM with my wallet payment ID once I track it down. :slight_smile:

Briefly describe your issue:

While using the Brave app for android mobile I receive ad notification periodically in my drop down list. When I click on the ads I DO NOT receive the BAT reward associated with clicking on the Ad and viewing the content. I have been using the Brave app on android for 2 months and have had no issue. Early last week I noticed I stopped getting rewarded for viewing the ads. I am still receiving Brave ads at this very moment.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using ( Menu --> About Brave )?

Android 10; Build/QP1A. 190711.020

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

NO. I’m waiting for Gemini.

What date did you verify your wallet?

N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

yes. I have a small amount in my android wallet that I’ve collected over the past 2 months from the ad notifications.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) More often than not I do use a vpn that is set to my local region. (US) I had no issue collecting rewards previously with it on. I have experimented viewing the Brave Ads with it turned off and I DO NOT receive Brave ad rewards doing it that way either.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes, United States. Currently has 92 campaigns ongoing.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Yes. Perfect score.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

I have no devices linked to uphold. My pc is linked to gemini. My phone (this device that is not earning rewards) is not linked to anything.

I can’t find the Brave Wallet ID. Google wasn’t very helpful either.

Any guidance on how I can track that down so I can provide it to you?

Appreciate your help.

@CaptunCrunch You can find your Wallet payment ID on brave:rewards-internals. Mattches is PTO this week. So his response will be delayed by a week. May be @SaltyBanana can do something.

Thank you for the help.

I went to the website but it says I do not have a wallet. I definitely DID have a wallet and brave is definitely showing my BAT in it from clicking on the ads right now. Weird.

Screenshot.:

Bump, bump it up. Keep it bumping!

Any support mods able to take a look at this issue?