Not receiving ads from Brave

I have not received an ad in a few weeks.

Windows focus assist setting is off, notifications setting is on and brave is listed.
Have tried uninstalling and reinstalled (with copying my default folder back over)
Brave Rewards and ads section both enabled.

Notifications do work as per this website: https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

I have read through the FAQ and the troubleshooting guide at: Brave Ads Windows 10 Troubleshooting

Version: 1.11.86 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Thanks

3 Likes

@arottenmind,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
I’d like to take a look at what’s going on behind the scenes on your end – can you please:

1. In your browser, go to brave://rewards-internals
  2. Click on the Logs tab:
  3. Then, click Download full log and save the file somewhere easily accessible.
  4. Go to https://pastebin.com/ and copy/paste in the log information here
  5. Direct message me (here on Community) the paste bin link

This way, I can take a look on our end and see what may be causing the issue.

Hi, just wanted to inform, I’m facing a similar issue. No notification awards, but can see sponsored image on my new tabs. However, none of them are adding up to my BAT Balance.

1 Like

I am also not getting any ads after 1-jul-2020.

For anyone else seeing this, please see my comment above and follow the steps laid out so that I have all the information I need to look into your case:

Please include “Ads Logs” in the subject line. so that I can easily identify it.

Thank you.

Umm, I can’t see a Logs tab in my brave://rewards-internals
It’s just a set of plain text about my wallet info and a refresh button. I’m on Ubuntu 20.04, with Brave version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@anshuman73,
That’s my bad – this change isn’t pushed into release build yet – the plain text information on your brave://rewards page will do.

I think I fixed the issue of not seeing the ads by restarting my system. I’m now seeing ads (though less in frequency, and less rewarding). I am also seeing my updated BAT balance after the payout, so I think something updated in the browser.

The problem of not being rewarded for sponsored images still persists (I’ve seen about 10-15 of the same sponsored image ad, but haven’t been rewarded any BAT for it)

@anshuman73,
BAT earned from viewing NTP sponsored images is paid as an additional amount on top of your regular ads payout.

Oh, and where can I track / see those ?

I was under the impression all my sponsored images BAT is being added to my ads balance. I have never received a separate payout. Is that something I should be expecting ?

Best
Anshuman73

@anshuman73,
We are working on having clearer messaging/tracking for many things – including earnings from NTP sponsored images – presently. At this time, you cannot track it exactly as the funds are included in the ads payout.

I sent the logs yesterday, but I forgot to change the subject line to “Ads Logs”.

No any ads since 1-jul-2020.

No logs tab in brave://rewards-internals, only plain text and refresh button.

Where is logs? I cant find in brave://rewards-internals

1 Like

only in latest beta maybe but ads bug is for everyone

2 Likes

@Arkearn,
Ads bug is not for everyone – many users are seeing, receiving and being paid out for viewing ads without any issue.

@Donboven,
That was my mistake – the change that includes logs in brave://rewards-internals is not yet pushed into Brave stable. The wallet info shown on your internals page will be enough to send.

@arottenmind,
Checking my DMs now and will forward/file your information to where it needs to go. Thank you for providing it.

it’s for everyone in india. In the meantime can you fix the bug that caused my BAT to auto contribute to brave publishers.

@Arkearn,
If you have an issue, then please open a thread and provide the necessary details surrounding it so we can assist you. Do not hijack other threads.

@crodrigues (and everyone),
Do not post your brave://rewards-internals information publicly.

This information is sensitive and is why we specifically ask for users to send it to us via DM (direct message). Anyone who posts their information publicly will have that post deleted immediately

Everytime i create a new thread about my issue it gets locked by @eljuno without any reply or fix regarding this.