Not receiving ads and unreachable wallet problem

I haven’t seen any ads for what seems like at least 2 weeks or so, but kinda just figured it would eventually pass. Yesterday though I noticed when I click on the Brave Rewards icon at the top right, I get a message saying that my wallet is unreachable and reconnecting it will solve the problem. So I go over to the rewards part in settings, lo and behold my wallet is disconnected for some reason. I go ahead and re-authorize it through Uphold and now it says “wallet verified”.
Well unfortunately, that seemed to fix nothing as I still don’t receive ads, and still get the whole “your wallet is unreachable, reconnecting will solve it” thing. I have no idea where to go from here.

Windows 10
Version 1.4.96 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@andreeeeeww

Click the X mark top right corner

oof, well I feel dumb. Thank you.
Do you think this will solve my problem of not receiving ads, or is that a whole other issue?

Hello @andreeeeeww. Se if are “on” your Brave notifications at windows (go to “settings”, then “system” then “notifications & actions”).

1 Like

Notifications are enabled.
I don’t see an icon for Brave in my taskbar though, and I know it used to be there, along with Chrome, which also isn’t showing an icon. Perhaps this was some recent update that I just wasn’t aware of?

If you don’t see an icon for Brave notifications at windows run this simple tool and then check again: https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

Yeah, weird. No notifications are showing up. I checked Brave and Chrome, neither work. I haven’t changed any of my Windows settings, and I’m the only person who uses my computer. How would I go about re-enabling the taskbar icons?

Run the tool: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

1 Like

I did run the tool. I said notifications aren’t showing up on Brave or Chrome.

Strange. Could you please show a screenshot of the tool after the run?

1 Like

Ok, I looked around a bit and realized that Windows’ focus assist was enabled, and it was filtering the notifications from the tool. I was able to see them all on the little notification side-window bar area. Still no ads though, and no Brave/Chrome icon in the taskbar. Also, thank you for taking time out to help me with this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem. Hope that have helped somehow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, just wanted to let you know that something we did worked because I just received an ad. Thanks again for taking your time to help me out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes