Currently , i have the brave release and the brave beta both installed in my windows 10 desktop . Both are browsers are being used for almost the same amount of time ( one is used by one , other one is used by my brother ) . As the title suggests , i am not getting ads in the brave beta browser . The difference is quite a lot . For eg in approx 2 weeks , the brave release version has around 12 BAT while the brave beta is stuck on 1.1 BAT for too long .
Just to be 100% sure about this issue , i even went ahead and purchased a windows 10 rdp and i used brave release and brave beta for 10 days each one after the other , and as expected the same issue happened there as well . 11 BAT in brave release vs 1 BAT on brave beta
i also did a comparison between the files and found out one common thing , in both the brave beta in my home pc and in rdp where ads werent coming , the catalog.json file in
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\ads_service was absent as opposed to the brave release version where this file was present in both instances and ads are coming normally. Now i am not a developer , not saying this is the definite cause of this issue , just something i noticed as a user being worth mentioning
i hope this issue gets fixed after proper troubleshooting and ads start getting generated properly . i have provided enough info ,results and done everything possible as a user
( i can send all the wallet ids in pm if some developer reading this wants me to )
OS - Windows 10 Brave Release - Version 1.17.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) Brave Beta - Version 1.19.51 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)