Not getting ads while using multiple brave versions in same device

Currently , i have the brave release and the brave beta both installed in my windows 10 desktop . Both are browsers are being used for almost the same amount of time ( one is used by one , other one is used by my brother ) . As the title suggests , i am not getting ads in the brave beta browser . The difference is quite a lot . For eg in approx 2 weeks , the brave release version has around 12 BAT while the brave beta is stuck on 1.1 BAT for too long .

Just to be 100% sure about this issue , i even went ahead and purchased a windows 10 rdp and i used brave release and brave beta for 10 days each one after the other , and as expected the same issue happened there as well . 11 BAT in brave release vs 1 BAT on brave beta

i also did a comparison between the files and found out one common thing , in both the brave beta in my home pc and in rdp where ads werent coming , the catalog.json file in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\ads_service was absent as opposed to the brave release version where this file was present in both instances and ads are coming normally. Now i am not a developer , not saying this is the definite cause of this issue , just something i noticed as a user being worth mentioning

i hope this issue gets fixed after proper troubleshooting and ads start getting generated properly . i have provided enough info ,results and done everything possible as a user
( i can send all the wallet ids in pm if some developer reading this wants me to )

OS -  Windows 10
Brave Release - Version 1.17.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Brave Beta - Version 1.19.51 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Hi & Welcome.

Not a developer. Just wanted to say I too had this experience. Mine has pretty well resolved since PC/Android Sync has greatly improved.

I was a Nightly user for over a year, but adopted the official release. Again, I did so because if great functional improvements to Sync.

My Sync Chain includesnearly the same versions you’ve listed, but swap Nightly for Beta.

Tip of the hat for your file checking. I would not know where to begin.

Are you familiar with:
Brave://sync-intervals/#

Maybe screenshot and send u/sriram

Regards :snowman_with_snow: :santa:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.