Not earning BAT since using browser for 2 months (mobile + desktop)

Hello,

It’s been some time (around 2 months) since I decided to switch to Brave on both desktop and mobile (iPhone). The mobile browser is synced with the desktop (although, there is noting being synced apparently - but that’s another problem for a different day).

Since then, I have not earned a single dime despite both platforms are set up for receiving ads. And I have been clicking/tapping on ads, they keep coming, but nowadays I am not so sure why I’m doing it for no rewards.

I have come here, not once, to see if there is any solution, but could not find it yet. The browser is up to date.

Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

As I said, the ads are there on both platforms (since I started using Brave) but I got a big fat 0 BAT so far for viewing those.

Could I get some assistance, please?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @attyla ! Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

iOS do not support Brave Rewards at this time, the ads you may be seeing are likely website ads.

Can you confirm that you on your desktop you have been seeing sponsored images on your new tab page or notification ads from Brave?

Thank you,

Porridge

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regarding the iOS, I am not quite sure. What do you mean by “website ads”? They are all crypto related ads coming through as Brave notification/popup while using Brave browser. The Brave Reward triangle logo is always there so in my mind, it is a Brave Reward ad.

On desktop, these are sponsored images. I receive no notifications despite I have recently allowed them to appear (Windows 10) but I may have missed something there. Can you help me to set up the notifications/focus assist to be able to receive ads?

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Hello!
If your ads are keeping coming like you said; and you also said you are always giving some tips, it might mean that what was supposed earn from your ads goes straight to the content creators more especially if you set the system into automatic, if its on automatic turn it off because all of your earnings will go to the creators and you will be score zero!

Have you Switched off “Auto-Contributions”?
If not, then it explains everything since all the Coins you are collecting are going straight to a Creator instead of your Account.

And even though ads are showing up on iOS, the Rewards system had to be closed down for iOS so its better to switch it off over there since its of no use…

1 Like

Hi Vitalis,

For a while, it had been turned on but a few weeks ago I turned it on. Hasn’t made a change.

1 Like

Yes, it has been off for a while but made no difference.

I have turned off the rewards on mobile as suggested. Such a shame that it doesn’t work…

I was actually wondering why I don’t see ads in the notification (desktop). It’s all setup in Windows so that Brave is allowed to send notifications. I also added it to the firewall exceptions (third-party) as I though it could be a problem too. But nothing has changed so far. And apparently, the new tab image advertisement doesn’t count.

1 Like

Ok ,it sounds like a technical issue, I do suggest if you talk to Rewards Support, they will come up with a good remedy.

Morning !
The very same triangle that you see of which you said you do believe it is Brave tool; when you you press it , there will be a popping up button named Reward Settings, you will just follow the desired location of your needs, that’s it.

Ok, may you please try to repeat your settings as well in your desktop, actually in every new devices you are using, you need to repeat your settings.

Hi,

What settings do you mean? I have already done the only thing that needs doing on mobile (turned off rewards) and on desktop, there should be no obstacle in the way of ads coming in. Brave browser is allowed to send notifications (nothing has appeared still), focus assist off, and I also turned off auto-contribution in settings.

What else would I need to do?

Thanks

Regardless of any ads you may see on your iOS device, you will not receive BAT for them (Apple policy).

Are you using a VPN on your desktop?

That I understand by now. It’s off and it’s a disappointment.

No VPN, and the browser is whitelisted in the firewall.

There is no problem with using a VPN with Brave as long as you are using VPN servers in the same region where you are physically located. However, the VPN blocks the automatic refilling of the Brave ads catalog. Here’s the workaround:

1. Turn off your VPN
  2. Close and reopen Brave
  3. Wait until you start receiving notification ads (5-15 minutes)
  4. Turn your VPN on again

The ads catalog holds only about a day’s worth of ads, so you will need to use this procedure once per day.

Have you checked through these articles for a possible cause?

Thanks for this, but I don’t generally use VPN so it doesn’t solve the original problem, unfortunately.

By now, there should be nothing in the way for ads to appear on desktop so I am clueless what else I could do.

Do you have any BAT Tokens accumulated right now?

If not, I would suggest you to make a backup of your Settings from here: Sync
And after setting up the Sync, just copy the Sync code and save it in a Notepad. [Don’t share it since people can get access to all your Passwords and Bookmarks if anyone else has that Code]

Then just delete the Browser and just reinstall a fresh one. [Download a software like IObit Uninstaller to fully Uninstall all the files of the Browser]

If you face any issues you can either DM me or just reply to this message over here :slight_smile:

Hi,

The sync has always been on.

I didn’t have any BATs so I removed the browser and re-installed it.

Nothing has changed so far.

@attyla Are you facing same issues with new installation as well? This-

and this-

Are “Estimated pending rewards” and ads counter found on brave://rewards/ still zero?

That’s pretty much all that’s required to be done for ad notifications. Some days can go without ad notifications if there aren’t enough ad campaigns in your region. You can check here. Confirm whether new tap page ad and notification ads are available in your region.

Go to brave://rewards-internals > Logs and Refresh and see what errors you get at the exact time when you see a new tab page ad. Don’t post your whole log, just any error that you see.

1 Like

Thanks for this.

I can confirm that 0 BATs are estimated.

I’ve got a lot of error messages actually. Just a few:

[17 Jul 2021, 9:37:43.5 pm:ERROR:publisher.cc(763)] Publisher info not found
[12 Jul 2021, 8:59:07.3 pm:ERROR:get_available.cc(69)] Unexpected HTTP status: 503
[06 Jul 2021, 5:54:04.7 pm:ERROR:get_parameters.cc(53)] Unexpected HTTP status: -1
[06 Jul 2021, 5:54:04.9 pm:ERROR:get_available.cc(69)] Unexpected HTTP status: -1
[06 Jul 2021, 5:54:10.7 pm:ERROR:get_parameters.cc(53)] Unexpected HTTP status: -1
[06 Jul 2021, 5:54:45.3 pm:ERROR:get_parameters.cc(53)] Unexpected HTTP status: -1
[28 Jun 2021, 9:03:27.7 am:ERROR:publisher.cc(763)] Publisher info not found
[28 Jun 2021, 9:30:00.4 am:ERROR:get_available.cc(69)] Unexpected HTTP status: 503
[28 Jun 2021, 1:05:18.0 pm:ERROR:get_available.cc(69)] Unexpected HTTP status: 504
[28 Jun 2021, 1:16:19.8 pm:ERROR:get_available.cc(69)] Unexpected HTTP status: 503
[28 Jun 2021, 4:36:45.5 pm:ERROR:get_available.cc(69)] Unexpected HTTP status: 504

Here is some more:

[03 Jun 2021, 6:47:08.1 pm:ERROR:post_wallet_brave.cc(46)] Unexpected HTTP status: 429
[03 Jun 2021, 6:47:08.1 pm:ERROR:rewards_service_impl.cc(3428)] Failed to create a wallet

[07 Jun 2021, 5:41:00.8 pm:ERROR:creative_new_tab_page_ads_database_table.cc(422)] Failed to get creative new tab page ad

Also:

This catalog consists of 24 campaigns, 42 creative sets, 167 ads from 23 advertisers targeting GB.

Lastly, I receive new tab images as ads, but no notifications - after re-installation.