Not able to claim rewards on a unverified wallet on android due to safetynet error

Description of the issue:
I am using android without google play services so my device is not approved by safetynet. So whenever i am trying to claim my rewards, error is occuring that “something went wrong”. Now i looked into rewards logs and found out that it is because of safteynet. I am attaching the screenshot of logs

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. If you are using custom rom without google play services
  2. If your bootloader is unlocked

Expected result:
Rewards should be claimed.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.38.109 Chromium: 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mobile Device details
Android 12.1 based on AOSP

Sorry, but you will not be able to connect to a custodial account provider (Gemini or Uphold) if your device fails the SafetyNet check.

I don’t want to connect to a custodial account. Please read the title and description. I just want to claim my rewards in local wallet. Not in custodial wallet.

Sure thing. Sorry for misread. Good luck!

No problem.
I figured that i will not be able to connect to custodian based on the fact that i am not able to login to uphold app in my device, probably dye to safetynet limitation. I am currently using its website.

But at least we should be able to collect the rewards, though, even if we have custom rom/unlocked bootloader.

That is a huge let down for me. I am essentially trying to move away from google and big corporations as much as possible. And here, open source and privacy advocates are not helping in this case.

Even all my banking apps are working, showing how much progress it has made.

Anyway, thanks.

@steeven please take a look here, and see if we can change the way this works, in future.

@steeven
Anything on this?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.