Not a bump but an Update to: I want to stop some Brave Tasks but can’t

Update: I rolled Brave back to the version shown below. This brought back the ‘toggle control’
under Extensions, so now I can turn the Brave ‘Crypto Wallet’ off again.

I still can not kill-for-ever (they reappear in less than 2 seconds) these two Utility’s in Brave Task Manager - Utility: Bat Ads Service …… Utility: Bat Ledger Service.

Both have a memory footprint over 6xxx K. I know that is not a huge amount of memory to worry about these days, I have 16 GB with 79% unused as I type. To me it’s about I either have control of my Browser or I don’t. I left G-Chrome, Opera, then Firefox because of lack of end user control issues, among many other things, security being top of my many concerns.

If I don’t want to use your Bat Services, Brave should not try to force me to in any way, shape or form, period.

My expectation is this: Give me control of Bat Services, let me turn them on/off.

One question. In my first post you will notice the Brave version is newer. The newer Brave version installed on my device removed the on/off toggle in “settings/extension/ Crypto Wallet.” That is why I made my first post here. I assumed that as soon as I went to ‘About Brave’ the internal checker/updater would push me up to the latest and greatest Brave version, but it did not and has not over many update checks, open and closing of the browser and a few OS reboots.

The question is; why did the Brave Team think it was a good idea to take control away from the user of a major item like the ‘Crypto Wallet’ and why is your server not pushing out the newest version of Brave to my install, like it did a little while back?

(Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK / Win 10 r 1809, all patched up)

Brave is up to date
Version 1.4.95 Chromium: 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

P.S. Mods, please don’t worry, I will wait for a reply to this post before posting again on this specific issue.

P.P.S. I just figured out that we posters are supposed to use the text-template thingy to ‘sort’ our posts properly. I apologize for not using it with my first and second (update) posts.

Hopefully this update-post adheres to the template a bit better than the first, even though I just cleared it out of the way before I began typing. I will use it as a guide for any future posts, as long as I don’t forget, lol.

Thanks in advance to all you kind people on the Brave Team for the continuing hard work and all the great help you give us users!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.