No sponsored image on the forth new tab

When I open 4 new tabs there are no sponsored image below and I am not getting any BAT.

It happened for the whole day since morning already.

I checked that my “Show sponsored images” setting is already turned on.

10 Likes

The same thing. It seems until all rewards will not be finished this month we will not get any accruals for viewing any sponsored images. But I may be wrong. Anyway seems like a adjacent bug.

5 Likes

It’s the same for me. Both of my devices stopped receiving sponsored images just after getting paid for February rewards.

3 Likes

Can anyone here encountering this please tell me what OS you’re using as well as whether or not your wallet is verified?

3 Likes

Kubuntu 21.04. Brave Stable + Uphold Verified.

2 Likes

@Gannet,
Can you try creating a new temporary browser profile and test to see if sponsored images appear in new tabs using the new profile?

2 Likes

Yes, checked recently on a new profile. No sponsored images appearing on a new profile too.

3 Likes

@Gannet,
Thank you for confirming – consulting some Rewards team members on this right now. Will return when I have more information – appreciate your patience.

4 Likes

Hello, just to add my info too. I’m on Kubuntu 20.04 with Brave 1.21.73 with Verified Uphold wallet. My laptop also uses Kubuntu 20.04 with a verified Uphold wallet and have the same problem. “Sponsored Images” is activated.

EDIT: Also tried to create a new profile, same problem in the new profile.

3 Likes

@fral thank you for the information.
Can you (all) try going to brave://components, locating the NTP Sponsored Images component and try a force update (click the Check for update button found under the component title) and tell me if it updates? If so, do NTP images now appear?

2 Likes

Done, before clicking the button it said: “Status: Updated”, after clicking it now it says “status: component not updated” (maybe not the same words since mine it’s in Spanish so not sure how to translate properly). Still no sponsored images.

2 Likes

After pushing ‘Check for update’ button it saying: A component is not updated. Version: 1.0.298

4 Likes

Last question (at this time) – can you all tell me what locale you’re in? The issue may be region based if there are no more SI campaigns running in your region at this time.

2 Likes

Venezuela here. The full info is: NTP Sponsored Images (VE) - Versión: 1.0.297

3 Likes

@fral,
Thank you for the information.
Can you (anyone) please go to the following site:
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

On this site, you should see a list of campaigns running in your region as well as some other data on each campaign. See if you can find any NTP ads running at this time. These are denoted by the Type: new_tab_page identifier on the page:

1 Like

Here it is.

1 Like

Ukrainian locale. Uk-UA

2 Likes

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Version 1.21.74 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Uphold wallet verified in jan

Create a new browser profile, there are no sponsored image on the forth new tab too

Tried to update

NTP Sponsored Images (SG) - Version: 1.0.304

Status - Component not updated