No sound on Android's Brave browser

Description of the issue:

Any website I go to that is supposed to produce sound seems to be muted. This includes YouTube, SoundCloud, and even Google’s search results (given that you search for something that would produce sound, e.g., the pronunciation of a word). I have checked on other apps and the audio is working perfectly fine with them (I tried it with the YouTube app, Chrome browser, and Spotify). I have the latest version of brave installed which is currently v1.38.119. I went into the settings to see if maybe the permission was ticked off accidentally or from an update but it shows that sound is indeed permitted. Is there any other setting that I’m not aware that would dictate such a thing? I tried looking through the forums and only found this issue with windows or linux so none of that really applied to me.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to youtube.com and play any video - no sound
  2. Go to Google’s results with a search that would produce sound - no sound
  3. Go to soundcloud.com and play any song - no sound

Expected result:

For there to be sound

Brave Version:

v1.38.119

Mobile Device details

Android: 11 RKQ1.200826.002
Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro
Model: M2003J6BG

Additional Information:

I’m not sure when this started as I don’t normally play sound on the browser, but I still hope it’s just an issue that an update can fix or, preferably, I can fix.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.