Description of the issue:
I am enrolled in an online training course, which allows me access to training videos, which I can record/capture and replay when offline.
When using Firefox browser, all captured videos had audio/sound during playback.
However, since switching to Brave browser, no captured videos have audio/sound during playback.
Please advise me on “how to setup my sound options on Brave browser” so I can resume my training effectively.
NOTE: All previously recorded “Firefox recordings/captures” have audio/sound and video, so everything on “my end” appears to be set up correctly.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Start playing an online video.
- Pause at point you want to start recording.
- Simultaneously press “Windows icon button” and “G button”… this initiates Windows Game interface.
- Start Recording via Windows Game interface.
- Resume “Play” to continue playing the video.
- Video will then resume playing and will be recorded.
- When “Stop Recording” button is pressed on Windows Game interface, the recording will stop.
- The recorded video will be deposited into the “Captures” folder within the “Videos” folder of “This PC” folder.
- Open the “Captures” folder and “right click” on the video file.
- Press “Open with” (in my case I use VLC video player) and the video player will initiate and the “captured video” will play.
Audio/sound will accompany the video being played back.
No audio/sound while video is being played back.
Brave Version 1.38.109 Chromium: 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit)