No Push Adds (only browser background) & NO Bat

Description of the issue:
No push ads at all for since early December. I do get browser background ads.
My total BAT for the period is 0.03BAT. That’s for 2-3 ads/day

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Use Brave.
I use it roughly 6-10 hrs / day
Settings @ 5/hr
Using Brave in US and UK

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No push ads. Literally, zero
BAT not incrementing even for Browser ads

Expected result:
Push ads as they were before - anywhere up to 3-5/hr
BAT increasing per ad - past monthly was around 25BAT/mo

Reproduces how often:
Every time
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Ubuntu 20.10
[
Version 1.18.78 Chromium: 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
]

Additional Information:
This is the core of your promise to use the browser. Without rewards it’s not very interesting. Will it ever work as advertised / expected?

Hi,

Same problem for me on Mac OS.
1 ad per day and otherwise, only sponsored backgrounds…

I expect 15-20 BAT/months. Now, i can only expect 5 BAT…

And the rewards… the more time passes, the less the ads pay off…

Should we receive ads while browsing or should they only popup while the browser is in the background? Im in the US and I hardly get any ads. I have it set to 5 per hour.

Similar situation. I’ve had 6 ads this month, 5 in the last 7 days totalling a whopping 0.06 BAT (estimated) and I sit at the computer 7-8hrs a day for work and another 1-2 hours in the evening. Something has definitely changed.

2 Likes

I agree, I live in turkey. In the brave rewards tab, I selected 5 ads per hour, but not even 5 ads a day.

hi! ,. .i received an email says i had my uphold 5BAT to recieve ,last 2weeks from now ,but when i open it ,nothing’s appear and say’s check back later ,but i forgot to open or check it again, . and now my balance is still 0.00 BAT ,i dont understand this at all ,…where is my 5BAT balance goes

Hey @steeven,

Any explanation about that ?
It is so disappointing… too many problems all over the place.

1 Like

@Bravesupport @Mattches Brave Support of any kind… Can someone please address this? It’s a failure of the core Brave Business Proposition and difference from all other browsers. I’ve been trying to get resolution to this issue for weeks (and it’s a recurring problem - the ads just stop for not reason regularly).

Doesn’t Brave care?

Ads have always popped up as push notifications while you’re using the browser. There’s also an option to allow background image ads in the New Tab page.

@p10111 (and everyone else),
I understand your frustration, but I think there is some confusion here surrounding the system. First of all:

You already stated that it did work as expected previously – according to you, it was “since early December”. So…yes, it has, does and will continue to work as advertised/expected.

It is not 5 ads per hour, it is a max of five ads per hour.

Please read through our documentation before asserting the system is broken – if you do, you’ll find in our Ads FAQ:

Before we jump into troubleshooting issues, it seems that there may be a slight misconception about the goals and the way in which the Brave Ads feature is designed. This misconception generally takes the form of:

“When I opt in to Brave Ads, my browser will show me ads whenever I use it.”

This is not entirely true. In reality, this statement should be:

“When I opt in to Brave Ads, my browser will try to show me ads which are relevant to me.”

The difference in wording may seem small, but there is a substantial difference conceptually. The goal is to show you privacy respecting ads that are relevant to the user in the right context (a “match” is found) – not to make sure that all users “see some ads” . Enabling Ads does not guarantee that you’re going to see ads – if the system does not find a match for you in the ads catalog, then you will not see any (more information on this below).

Further, you may see ads appearing regularly today, but tomorrow you may not see any – and that’s perfectly fine . In this situation, it really is a feature , not a bug . We appreciate everyone’s understanding of this distinction and implore you to keep this in mind before assuming that the feature simply “isn’t working”.

Further, please check this very helpful documentation on the official BATproject subreddit, namely the “I am not receiving ads, or I am not receiving as many ads as I expect” section for a list of possible reasons you may not be seeing ads:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/wiki/troubleshootingfaq

Hi

So zero notification ads in about 4-5 weeks is correct?
And 0 BAT for the background ads is correct?

@p10111,
I was asking you (and everyone) to read throughly to make sure it wasn’t something that was to be expected. That’s all.

Can you send me a DM with your wallet payment ID on your Brave://rewards-internals page?

For weeks I’ve been trying to get some attention on this. It’s a recurring issue - or rather issues around getting BAT are (Brave has taken BAT out of my Uphold wallet without my authorization, I’ve had issues on my android, and I’ve had previous drop offs of ads - but none this big. Reading through your Issues lists, these are all sadly common issues).

I don’t expect you to search for these - but it would have been nice if you’d responded to
Description of the issue:
No push ads at all for since early December. I do get browser background ads.
My total BAT for the period is 0.03BAT. That’s for 2-3 ads/day

nd

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No push ads. Literally, zero
BAT not incrementing even for Browser ads

Instead of assuming my ignorance.

DMing…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.