No popup ads showing in existing Windows user

Description of the issue:

For the past couple days I’ve haven’t been receiving the normal popup ads. I’m still seeing the sponsored new tab background ads, so I know I likely haven’t been placed on hold or banned from ads.

Troubleshooting done…
I did a bunch of troubleshooting based on the community posts I found, and nothing worked. (new Brave profile, the bennish.net site, reinstall Brave, reset Brave rewards, etc). I then tried creating a new Windows user. Success, Brave popup ads are showing again; obviously this isn’t ideal considering I’m having no other user issues…

Expected result:

Presumably I have a corrupted user profile file somewhere that isn’t fixed by the steps above, but I have no idea where to look… any advice would be appreciated.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.21.74

OK, this is kind of weird. I’m now back in my existing Windows user account and for the first time in almost 48 hours, I had a popup ad. I don’t know how creating a new Windows user account fixed THIS user account, but so far it seems to have…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.