No payouts ever received at linked and verified Gemini account

Briefly describe your issue:
I started using Brave Rewards in early to mid-December 2021. I have a verified Gemini account which was linked to my Brave Rewards successfully on December 20, 2021. The only funds I’ve received from Brave is a single transfer (also on Dec. 20, 2021) of exactly 1 BAT from some kind of surprise bonus in Brave (no idea how I earned that). However, none of my regular Brave Rewards since verifying with Gemini have been successfully paid out to my Gemini. The rewards have basically disappeared from my Rewards Dashboard without a trace. I expected at least 2.5 BAT for December accumulations and around 2.1 BAT for January accumulations. Steeven has not replied to my DMs. Anybody else available?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
[Version 1.35.101 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes.

What date did you verify your wallet?
December 20, 2021.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
No.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, Canada.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not applicable, using the Windows 10 desktop version.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes.

When you sent the DM, did you also send a copy or your post (or include a link) and include the following information?

Your Wallet ID (found at brave://rewards-internals )
Your OS (found at brave://version)

“Saltybanana” and “Mattches” are two other moderators who provide support. You may want to resend a DM and include all of them.

Hi Chocoholic,

Yes, when I DM’ed Steeven I provided the usual requested troubleshooting info and a screenshot of my Brave Rewards. I understand if they are swamped (I wouldn’t be surprised). However, it seems there are dozens, if not hundreds of similar reports of Rewards not getting paid out to verified accounts. I wish at least they they would change the Rewards Dashboard to more transparently report the BAT accumulation history. Why does this basic usage and Rewards information have to be such a mystery to the user who is taking their time to use Brave browser? I can imagine Support would save users from so many headaches and frustration by at least having a “Payouts Pending” tab or something instead of their numbers suddenly drop to zero! What genuinely awful design!

Hi RedEyeGuy :slightly_smiling_face:

I think they are working on this. I tried to find the project at Github and found a couple of related projects but I just don’t know what I am looking at. lol You might can give it a shot if interested!

Rewards Global · GitHub
Rewards Client Roadmap · GitHub

Oh, don’t click on “Repositories”. I got an abuse detection error when I did! I hope I didn’t just flag my account!! lol And j/k about that one (I think). It looks like it was generated by Github and not Brave, so maybe I’m ok. :smiley:

Too much information, too many places to look, and not linked or organized in any meaningful way. Oh, reminds me, have you seen this? Will probably delay outstanding payouts on the Gemini side even longer.

I think you should probably at least tag the moderators again to let them know you still have a problem and are waiting for a response.

Good luck and take care! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Chocoholic,

Wow, you’re really investigating their Github, etc… very “Brave” of you, LOL! Anyway, I hope they make these simple transparency changes to Brave so users don’t have to worry so much about their BAT accumulations.

I’m finally getting responses from Steeven and Mattches. So, hopefully things start working again in time for the next payout (March 7th?). It would be nice to get my outstanding payouts in full now, rather than wait until beginning of March. I am trying to get confirmation from them about that.

Thanks for your replies and take care.

1 Like

:laughing:

You too. Good luck! :smiley:

FYI, just posted, you’ll have to decide how to approach, I don’t know what else you’ve done already! lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.