No more ads or payouts since december, I'm I flagged?

@wsorrian just a FYI, you don’t get anything for clicking on ads. They just run in notifications and you can dismiss/clear them with no issues.

@VoVi and everyone else, let me ask the following:

(1) Though you may not see ads, is Brave logging that you’ve seen any ads when you check under Brave Rewards? I’m asking just to clarify if you’re saying you haven’t seen any ads, if you’re seeing ads but Brave isn’t recognizing them, or if you’re saying you just aren’t receiving any at all?

(2) This kind of gets covered by #1, but I want to expand…have y’all made sure you have settings in place and that notifications can be made? I’m asking this as I used to play a lot of games and in gaming mode, it prevented any notifications on my PC while I was playing. Due to it preventing notifications, Brave was unable to show any ads during that time. Obviously my income dropped until I noticed and corrected it. So guess just getting you to think back if you might be interfering in any way with it.

(3) Your IP Address and Locale (which is set on your PC) have to match AND be located in a supported region.

They then state: "

ads programming will collect the IP + locale information from OS. If IP + Locale criteria matches only then Ads will be served to the user."

You can see similar situations on their Github, where people had selected different time zone and all. https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/4221

matching the locale on WIndows 10 ( Español (Costa Rica) instead of Español (Latinoamerica) ) fixed the issue for him.

(4) Have you messaged @steeven as they usually suggest if you aren’t receiving payments? If ever there’s issues, He always asks people to send the following to him in a DM (direct message). Make sure you don’t post this info publicly.

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes