No longer logged into any accounts after closing and opening Brave

Description of the issue:
Log into any online account (eg, Google, Brave Community, Banking site, Social media eg XDA).
Close Brave browser.
Open Brave browser again. All the open tabs will be there, but all the accounts will have been logged out.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Log in to a web site (can do this on multiple tabs)
  2. Close Brave
  3. Open Brave: the tabs will still be there showing the last content, but I’m logged out of every site I had logged in to.

Expected result:
Opening Brave should result in all the sites that I was logged into to still be logged in after opening Brave.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.63.174 Chromium: 122.0.6261.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I’m running:
Edition: Windows 11 Pro
Version: 23H2
OS build: 22631.3296

Note: This issue does NOT happen with Brave on Android

Check your settings. Sometimes closing the browser can clear your history, cookies, and/or cache. If that’s the case, then yes, you’ll be logged out. If you’ve saved your passwords / login info, then getting logged back in shouldn’t be much an issue.

Thanks for your suggestion!

It made me go through my settings with a fine toothcomb and I noticed that I had Settings>Privacy and security>Site and shields settings>On-device site data set to “Delete data sites that have been saved to your device when you choose all windows”
I changed it to “Allow sites to save data on your device” and now it remembers my logged in state once again.

1 Like

Good, I’m glad. Here’s what I was referring to, btw.

Get started

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 12.54.00 AM

Privacy and security

If you deselect “Cookies” then you’ll remain signed in.

I already had “Continue where you left off” and in Clear browsing data on exit, I only had Auto-fill form data checked, so that wasn’t the problem for me.

I’m happy this was relatively easy to fix (once I found the right setting) because I was seriously considering reverting to Chrome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.