"No devices found". I want to cast something to my TV, but while Chromecast shows up on my android phone, it doesn't appear on my PC, neither on Chrome or Brave! It just give me "No devices found"-message. How do I get it to work?

How on EARTH do i fix this issue?

I’ve successfully setup my Chromecast on my TV (2nd gen). I did the whole reset process and completed the setup through the Home app on my mobile. I can cast with my mobile to my tv, but when I am trying to cast from my desktop PC, I cannot even get the chromecast icon to appear on either Chrome or Brave! Whether it’s on youtube or any other media websites.

I tried enabling " Connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses " in chrome://flags, relaunched and even restarted my PC. Still no chromecast.

In brave://settings/extensions , I tried re-enabling “Media Router” and relaunched. Still “No devices found”…

I have no anti-virus stuff running.

I have a mesh system running for my network, but both the tv, my pc and chromecast are all connected to the network without any problems.

So. How do I fix this? Any suggestions?

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I tried enabling " Connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses " in chrome://flags, relaunched and even restarted my PC. Still no chromecast.

I have no anti-virus stuff running.

1. In brave://settings/extensions , I tried re-enabling “Media Router” and relaunched. Still “No devices found”…

2. I have a mesh system running for my network, but both the tv, my pc and chromecast are all connected to the network without any problems.

Expected result:
No devices found, despite whatever I have tried.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.59.120 Chromium: 118.0.5993.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
HOW do i get this problem fixed?!

Hello,
I do not think this is a Brave specific issue since it is happening in Chrome as well. I’m more inclined to think it has something to do with the Chromecast setup and/or your connection. I would reach out to Google support.

The only thing I can think of is if you have a specific extension installed in the browser that is blocking it from detecting available devices.

@retro123 only thing I can tell you is long ago I had a similar issue and it was stressed to me that Chromecast has to be on the same wifi network is my other device or it won’t work. They even went so far aso walking me through things and requiring me to have my wifi running on my PC despite the idea I had it connected via ethernet to my modem.

Perhaps you’re experiencing the same issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.