No brave rewards ads, start page rewards widget shows "try again"

Hi, I’ve had an issue where both my work computer and home computer suddenly stopped receiving ads. My work PC has started receiving ads again, but my home PC still doesn’t receive ads (more than a month and a half later). I tried completely reinstalling Brave, but to no avail. I simply never receive ads, but I do receive ads on my work PC pretty frequently. Both computers run Windows 10 1909, and are linked to the same Uphold wallet.

I’ve noticed that on my home PC, the start page shows a “try again” button on the rewards widget, as if there was some kind of error somewhere, but there is no information as to what that error could be :

Could I get some help? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@BSoD,
What happens when you hit Try again on the widget? Also, do you see Brave appear in the Windows OS notification permissions?

@Mattches,
When I hit Try Again, it shows my stats for a few seconds, but it ends up returning to the try again screen. Nothing else happens.

@BSoD,
If you click on the Rewards panel (or go to Settings --> Brave Rewards), does it say that your wallet is verified?

@Mattches,
Yup, my wallet is verified.

@BSoD,
Okay – so your Rewards seem to be just fine. The issue you’re reporting is specific to the widget, is that correct? If so, can you try removing the widget from the NTP and then re-adding it?

@Mattches,
Well, the problem isn’t with the widget per se, it’s that I haven’t received ads on that computer for about 1 or 2 months. It’s just a possible side effect I’ve noticed.

@BSoD,
Thank you for clarifying. On Windows, can you go to Settings --> System --> Notifications & Actions and confirm that Brave appears on this list?

@Mattches,
Brave doesn’t appear on the list, I suppose it’s because it hasn’t sent any notifications since I reinstalled it.

@BSoD,
Can you try going to this site, forcing a desktop notification, then seeing if ads appear/Brave appears in the list?

@Mattches,
The notifications do show on my desktop :

But I still don’t see Brave on my system notifications list.

@BSoD,
Interesting. Can you also check C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and confirm for me that you see a Brave shortcut here?

@Mattches,
Yup, it’s there.

:thinking:
Hmmm…not sure what the issue could be. Can you try turning on notifications for this page (community.brave.com) and see if you’re able to see notifications from here?

I enabled notifications, and it did display a notification telling me that notifications were enabled.

It seems that I’m simply not receiving the ads in the first place.

Same problem here. No rewards in the last couple of months.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.