No Brave ads since November

The last ones were on the home page 28 Nov, and since the beinning of Nov no banner ads. I have looked through other questions and I can see that this issue comes up frequently. However, none of the things that I’ve tried seem to help.

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
[
Version 1.32.115 Chromium: 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (x86_64)
]

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No

What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the [SafteyNet](Android only)?
N/A

I had the exact same issue on my windows 10 laptop. For some reason, notifications for brave were turned off in my desktop settings. I fixed the issue yesterday and have been getting ads all day. Maybe try that.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m on a Mac, but I did check that. The notifications were on. I just checked again just in case I erred on my first check. They are on.

Nearly one month later and still no ads. Any ideas?

they don’t care…they don’t care…they don’t care…they don’t care…

3 Likes

So it appears. Let them prove themselves!

1 Like

lol…i can rest my case then.

Maybe @ a brave employee. That might get your issue some forward momentum.

Yes! :slightly_smiling_face:
Not quite sure how to get their attention though.

Try mattches or steven.

I’m new to the Brave community. How do I contact them or get their attention?

use @ in front of their name.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try! :slight_smile:

@mattches @steven Can you help me with this issue please!

Sorry, that should have been Steeven, not steven. My bad!

There are probably thousands of support request every week. There are currently 13 moderators to help with those. Maybe give them some time before calling it a scam. I’ve used brave for 3 or 4 months. Never had an issue that I couldn’t figure out on my own by reading some posts. I hope losing out on that $3.00 in bat doesn’t make you go bankrupt.

It works on some of my devices, but I’ve been having this issue for almost 5 moths. Some of the BATs (20) are lost forever (reinstalled Brave). But now it’s 6 combined. Imagine how much money that is for all the users facing the same problem.

Have you reset any devices in that time? Have new devices to replace old ones? There is usually a simple explanation.

Thanks for the correction!

@Steeven Can you help me with this problem?