No Bookmarks Toolbar or Sidebar

[Version 1.4.95 Chromium: 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)], Windows 10, 1909

Just installed Brave. I have been a Firefox (and Chrome) user for years. I love the speed, its ad filtering capability, everything, and I would switch to Brave in a heart beat if it supported a Bookmarks toolbar. A toolbar, as implemented in Firefox, gives you the ability to choose which folders/bms you want to appear on the screen for instant access. I have certain things that I access everyday and this is where I keep them. I also like the way I can bring up a Firefox bookmarks sidebar so I don’t have to keep jumping back and forth from a bookmarks tab.

When you have thousands of bookmarks and work with them daily, it is a prerequisite that your browser has a good bookmarks management system.

I hope these are Brave updates scheduled for the near future.

1 Like

Hello, @TechGarden, and welcome. Brave actually does have a Bookmarks toolbar, which you can turn on by going to the Appearance part of Settings by menus or by entering brave://settings/appearance in your address bar and hitting return.

Brave is based on Chromium and so supports Chrome extensions, and there are several that can provide a sidebar if that’s your preference. Here’s one I tried:

and here is a URL to search the webstore for them: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/bookmark%20sidebar?hl=en&_category=extensions

1 Like

Thanks [hnktong], but that’s not really a toolbar. That just displays all the bookmarks across the top and the show bookmarks just turns it on or off. A toolbar would allow you to pick which folders and bookmarks out of all your bookmarks you want displayed in the toolbar. So I might have thousands of bookmark folders and bookmarks, but only choose to put a few in the toolbar.

1 Like

A quick followup: does anyone know if a Toolbar is in development with an eta?

1 Like

I understand what OP is talking about. I like the idea, or at least a favorites icon right on toolbar UI, similar to what’s available on new Edge Chromium. That way user has quicker access to favs and doesn’t need to commit to toolbar always, or on new tab. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.