No BAT in my wallet at 5th of the month even if my estimated BAT was 13

Hello,
I’ve first installed Brave with an Ubuntu repository (Snap) and used Brave until I realised it was not the last version. So I saved my BAT wallet (with no BAT on it, but 1.75 estimated BAT), installed the last version downloaded on the site and restored the wallet. My estimated BAT then returned to zero.

Description of the issue:
The problem is that today (the 4th of the month), I had about 13 estimated BAT and at midnight (the 5th), it made my estimated go back to 1.75 and my wallet has still 0 BAT… :anguished:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
My system is Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 64 bits.
My Brave version is : Version 0.64.77 Chromium: 74.0.3729.169 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Additional Information:
Sorry for my bad english. :flushed:
Thank you in advance for your help.

Same problem here, I hope it will be fix and we will can get our BAT back

1 Like

Same issue here. FYI: Second month and I never received any BAT at Uphold. I got this issue on Brave, Brave Dev, Brave Beta and Brave Nightly.

1 Like

This is my first month using Brave. I thought I had lost my 21.90 BAT but I guess you have to hit “Brave Rewards” and drag the Brave logo into a certain shape (Robot / Human test). After doing that, I had received my full payment with no catches (So far).

1 Like

Since using Brave, this is my 2nd cycle through the 5th of the month. I’ve earned rewards as both Grants and clicking on ads, yet even with my Rewards Settings showing a balance of 36.7 BAT, my Creator page and Uphold account both show 0.00.

I appreciate the Brave browser, but I’m not sure what to make of it, and at this point Chrome is looking attractive again, especially that it supports the older 1Password extension, which Brave does not.

@Feign,
Thank you for reaching out – At this time, BAT ad earnings payouts + bonuses should have gone out – you should see a notification in Brave Rewards to claim your earnings for the previous month plus your bonus.

1. Please go into brave://rewards or click the BAT logo on the right of your URL and check if you see a “Claim Ad Earnings” notification. In brave://rewards, it should be a button above your wallet balance in the top right.
  2. If you are not seeing anything to claim, kindly try restarting your Brave browser first.
  3. If that does not make the claim button appear, can you please reply here and let me know (also kindly!):
    • What version of Brave you are on (brave://help)?
    • What platform/OS you are on
    • Approximately when you started using Brave Rewards & Brave Ads? That is, when you first enabled it?

For everyone else this thread:
There seems to be a bit of confusion about the relationship between the Brave wallet, your (an) Uphold account, and Brave Creators.

:point_up: With respect to earnings from viewing Brave Ads, these funds do not go into your Uphold wallet. These earnings are sent to you (in the form of grants) to be claimed and subsequently added to your Brave wallet. Recall that your Brave wallet is currently unidirectional – bi-directionality will be made available in the future.

:point_up: This is exactly what should have happened. Your Rewards Settings page (and the panel in the address bar) reflect the balance in your Brave wallet – not your Uphold wallet. As stated above, this money does not go to your Uphold account. So in your case, @Romancandle, you have viewed/clicked on Brave Ads, claimed the grants from those ads, and your balance now seems to reflect that. So you it looks like you’re all good.

2 Likes

Hi @Feign it is normal right now for the counter to reset every cycle, but you should then see your ad earnings available to claim into your wallet. I’ve included a giphy below.

Thank you @jsecretan and @Mattches for your quick response.
Indeed, a notification has appeared later (or maybe I didn’t see it at the time I wrote this post?)
So I claimed my Ad Earnings as you described and my BATs are now all in my Uphold wallet (with some bonus! ^^).
All is ok! :ok_hand: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And there was much rejoicing! Thanks @Feign!