No BAT in mobile browser on iOS

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Briefly describe your issue:
No BAT are issued when using Brave on iOS or iPadOS. I’ve been using Brave on mobile devices for at least two years, and am no longer getting any rewards.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
iOS 16.1.2/iPadOS 16; Brave version 1.45.2

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
No

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
Around 1.5 years ago on mobile

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes, no issues with desktop usage

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
I’m in Germany

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices?
No

Brave on iOS doesn’t have rewards because of apple’s App Store policies

Take a look at the above to get more details.

This is indeed infuriating. People earning BAT while allowing ads does not translate to users giving a 5-star rating to Brave in exchange.
Apple and other apps have bounty programs that too give users cash, though on different grounds. Other crypto apps have airdrops which I believe are permitted.
Apple is an extremely conservative company that hasn’t understood the crypto business model and prevents others from executing it. Maybe Brave should be made available on third party app stores that Apple will allow in the EU?

1 Like

With Apple soon to allow third party app stores and potentially loosen restrictions on things on iOS, this should definitely be looked into

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.