No Ads or Rewards shown for March or April for Windows or Android

Description of the issue:
No adds collected or rewards shown for March or April for Desktop PC on Windows 10 64 bit or my Samsung Note 9 running the latest Android build.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Ran desktop on 2 different Windows 64bit OS on 2 different machines on 2 different IP’s
Mobile on various IP’s not collecting at all.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Since March

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave is up to date
Version 1.7.92 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

I use uphold to collect and store my BAT. nothing’s been collected since February.

I updated brave to the latest version. after update wallet is verified but still no rewards are being collected or shown.

Version 1.7.98 Chromium: 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi, jmag1k

Step 4 worked for me when i had this issue. :slight_smile:

Here are a couple of things I have learned from trying to troubleshoot brave browser and ads.

Check out https://brave.com/transparency/ to see how Brave is progressing and see more info

On Desktop:

1. If you use a VPN, make sure it is running when you download, install and start brave browser. (it isn’t REQUIRED to do those things, but it just keeps it simple)
  2. On Windows 10 – make sure notifications are turned on for the browser, on in general, and Focus Assist is off.
  3. start the brave browser and go through the setup.
  4. Head on over to this website to invoke a notification -> https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html
  5. you should begin noticing ads if and when they become available to you. Depending on how many ads are served in your area, you may notice it frequently… but it will come no more than 5 times an hour.
  6. If you do not notice ads in a while, restart the rewards service. Head over to your brave rewards settings, turn off Brave Rewards, then turn ON Brave Rewards (you will not lose any BAT doing this).

ON MacOS – Same steps as Windows, just different settings.

1. Make sure do not disturb is turned OFF for the times you want to receive ads

good luck :slight_smile:

That fixed it. Turning on notifications for Brave in Windows settings and restarting the rewards service. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

You are most welcome jmag1k, and welcome to the Brave community

This topic was automatically closed after 34 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.