No Ads Mac OS + Android (Possible Self Tipping Suspension?)

Hello,

I really enjoy using Brave Browser! I’ve had a problem over the weekend with no ads showing up on Mac OS and Android.

6/1/21 I notice that on Mac OS desktop, after installing the “Rose" theme that notifications do not appear. However, I still get credit for ads. This continues over the course of the week and into the weekend. I note that I may need to report this issue by opening a ticket.

6/6/21 I receive reward payouts on both devices with no problem and promptly tip Wikipedia as well as my own creator channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-KTqFCL0UjYw2u8VUNSscw) in order to deposit BAT onto Gemini.

Immediately following the BAT payout I notice I’m no longer receiving ads on either of the devices I use Brave Rewards on. There are no notifications on either device and both ad counts have remained static.

I’m concerned that I may have accidentally triggered account suspension and would like to clarify that I’m not trying to cheat the system. I’m a student, artist and work from home currently. I tip my own YouTube Channel in order to receive BAT on Gemini because I had problems with Uphold. I also tip other verified content creators.

I understand that this is a busy time for the team at Brave and would like to encourage everyone! Let me know if you need any additional information, or if there’s anything I can do to help solve this problem and support Brave!

Brave Version : Version 1.25.70 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Wallet verified : NO***

Past payments : Yes

VPN : No

Supported Region : Yes

Safety Net : N/A

Auto-Contribute : Disabled

Version 1.25.70 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)

***I had a verified wallet with Uphold but was finally able to complete my service ticket request to close my Uphold account. I disconnected Brave Browser from Uphold, and unlinked Uphold from Brave Browser. Now I use 2 unverified wallets until Gemini is fully integrated.

2 Likes

Thank you for reaching out and for your very detailed report – can’t tell you enough how much we appreciate having all this information laid out up front.

To clarify, do you see ad notifications when you use the default and/or not customized themes? Additionally, if you can send me your browser(s) wallet ID, found on your brave://rewards-internals page, I can take a look and see if your wallet has been flagged.

1 Like

Greetings Mattches,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I’ll do my best to answer your questions and provide the additional information you’ve requested.

MacOS: ad count has remained static with the “Rose” theme enabled. I reset the configuration to default theme and have been monitoring use. After considerable screen-time, I can confirm that no ads or notifications are presenting.

Android: no ads or notifications when in use.

I’ll keep this thread updated with any changes and will report back if I notice any changes.

Please note I sent wallet payment ID(s) in a private message.

2 Likes

Update:

Last night as well as today I’ve received ads on both MacOS and Android!

I would like to follow up on the problem with ads not displaying on MacOS. This was due to a user error. After reinstalling a clean version of Brave Browser, pop-up and banner style notifications had been completely disabled.

I was getting credit for the ads and receiving BAT compensation even though I was not technically “viewing” the advertisement. Hopefully this is helpful feedback. I’m now marking this ticket as solved.

I appreciate your time, attention and assistance. If I encounter any problems in the future I’ll report back here to help support our Brave community.

Thank you again, and have a great rest of the week into the weekend!

1 Like