No ads for weeks

I have not seen Brave Ads on my laptop in more than a month. I was getting them on my android phone but that stopped a week ago as well. I have a verified account. I live in the USA. and I am using the Brave Brower, IOS Ventura 13.5.2 . i use Uphold. No VPN. I have received rewards in the past. I have had an account since Feb 4, 2022

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

@WIPatriot just an FYI, that would be Mac, not iOS. The difference is iOS would be for things like iPhone or iPad and the current versions would be 17.1 and all.

If you check your Brave Rewards menu, does it show any ads or estimated earnings?

You didn’t answer this one. What version of brave are you using? If far outdated, this could be an issue. It would be helpful if you would provide the version number and don’t just say “the latest.”

Brave Version 1.59.124 Chromium: 118.0.5993.117
Brave is up to date

Total ads received this month 5
Earnings so far

Nov

0.139 - 0.202 BAT

Balance

9.300BAT

≈ 1.90 USD

You’ve seen 5 ads so far this month and it’s the first day. It looks to be working as intended!

Awesome, so it seems your browser is detecting that you’re seeing ads. It may not be as many as you might think you should be seeing, but that can fluctuate for us all depending on our devices, location, and our settings.

You can always check which ad campaigns are in your area at https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/ but will have to look closely to see which OS each of those campaigns are for, the maximum amount of times people can see each ad, and the type of ad they are. For example, SI is Sponsored Image which only shows on New Tab Page if you have it enabled. Whereas PN are Push Notification, which only shows up as notifications if you have that enabled and nothing blocking it.

If you go to brave://rewards you’ll see something like below. It will show you how many of each type of ad you have seen. If you see 0 on something, then it might be a good clue that your settings are stopping it.

You can see, I only have 2 ads so far. One is from NTP and the other is from a notification. My earnings this month is only slightly higher because some of it “rolled over” from the prior month due to not all ads being reconciled in time.

And the reason I have 0 Brave News is because I’ve not looked at Brave News and therefore haven’t given it a chance to show me an ad there yet.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.