Night/Dark Mode

Definitely needs a dark mode in order for me to give it a real chance. adding the feature via Extension could be fine but it would likely leave the top super bright white of the top address and tab bar so I think we would also need a color options tab in the settings even if its just a light/dark mode toggle.

I’ve included a screenshot of how it looks when I use the TLV night mode extension in chrome/vivaldi along with its options panel. Similar options for darkening web pages would great and I’d love it if it was a baked-in feature of the browser (provided it works well of course)

Anyways, that’s my two cents. Let me know if its being worked on or if you agree :slight_smile:

Global Dark Mode
Is there a dark theme? This browser is blinding at night
Add dark theme please
Any consideration being given for a "night mode" extension?
PLEASE, for the love of some deity add a dark theme
Idea! Change Browser Color!
Dark Theme and Middle Mouse Bug
Night Mode or Dark theme/background for Brave
Please integrate a night mode - protect my eyes
Needs a bark theme or a way to add themes
Dark Reader extension
Dark or light theme for youtube
Better twitch tv / dark mode
Dark Theme is critical
Gray is so depressing!
Dark Skin request
Love to use as my default but personally must have a dark theme, stylish and ad-block element hiding type ability

Thanks for the suggestion. we’re tracking it here:

High contrast for sick eyes and comfort

Cool, I’ll be sure to check back in on it later :slight_smile:

Update: Idea! Change Browser Color!

Though it is still far for the theme from being implemented, we are gradually moving forward.

If you are a developer / UI designer, please have a look at the project on GitHub to see what you could do (designing with a theme by modifying the file, implementing a dialog to switch the themes, etc…)

https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/projects/15

Since the team is yet to focus on the dark UI (as far as I know), any contribution is appreciated :slight_smile: I would have to say +1 on Issue: Add Dark UI on GitHub would not work well as you might think.

I’ll keep you updated on this topic.

Colored Themes Feature
Themes and YouTube playback
No Brave Icon installed on my desktop and cannot find in my program list

Hi there,

Since the last post I have kept submitting Push Requests to enhance theme.js, and recently the fix around the tabs bar was merged successfully. With the other Requests I have already committed modification of switches, menu bar, context menu, download bar, etc.

If you want to see them merged soon, please go to the project page and add +1 to the issues. Thanks!