News Feed-Promoted Links Crash

Everytime you click a promoted link in the news feed–browser crashes…is this happening with anyone else?

@bbrown9506,
Brave News is working just fine for me. Can you please provide more information surrounding your issue?

Guidelines - Before posting, please:

• Search the forum to see if anyone else has already posted or resolved the issue you came to ask about.
  • Fill out the template that appears in your editor when posting as it contains all the boiler-plate information surrounding your issue. It will help the Support team members and other Community members to efficiently assess and resolve your issue.
  • Provide essential info such as your version number and OS, to help Support and other Community members resolve your issue.
  • Ensure that you’re posting in the appropriate category
  • Tag your post appropriately – note that some tags are restricted to or from specific categories.
  • Observe and adhere to our code of conduct

The promoted articles in news feed–if I click on them browser crahses. Using Windows 10 pro

Again – we need more information:

• What Brave version are you using?
  • Can you provide the actual specific links you’re clicking on that cause the crash?
  • Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?
  • Did you just now enable Brave News or has this always been happening? Or is the issue now just starting to appear?
  • If you visit the links outside of Brave news (copy/paste/go) does the browser crash?

[quote=“Mattches, post:4, topic:294514”]
gain – we need more information:

• What Brave version are you using? Current Version
  • Can you provide the actual specific links you’re clicking on that cause the crash? Roundly X promoted link today, there was another that was a bitcoin article, I cant give link since it crashed when I click them.
  • Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? no
  • Did you just now enable Brave News or has this always been happening? Or is the issue now just starting to appear? Always had brave news on homepage-it always worked fine before–in the last week its been crashing when I click promoted articles
  • If you visit the links outside of Brave news (copy/paste/go) does the browser crash?
    [/quote] Cant get to link it crashed

I was able to right click and then open in another window

@bbrown9506,
Thank you for the information.
Looks like this issue is already known and has a fix ready to be implemented in the next browser update:

1 Like

always happy to help, and you guys are always on it! good work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.