New Windows open off screen with no way to get to them

Windows 10 (I know, I hate it also), multiple screens, multiple desktops.

When I open a new Brave window, either by Control-N or right clicking on the icon in the task bar, the window opens around pixel location (0, 1529328763). My monitors are not nearly that good.

I have not found anyway to get the new window to a position that I can drag/resize/… All I can do is kill the window and start a new tab off an existing Brave window and drag it to the background so it starts a new window.

This will also effect the original window during startup. When this happens I have to go into the AppData directory and rename the session-store-1 file.

Brave 0.18.36
rev 7ab85e9
Muon 4.3.22
libchromiumcontent 61.0.3163.79
V8 6.1.534.32
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 10.0.15063
OS Architecture x64

Brave is no longer opening

If a window is off the screen, hold the windows key and press one of the arrow keys. That might work to get it back in view.

Every install of Brave I’ve done (on different PC’s too), when I open a new window it will be almost full screen, but sitting off the top and left of the screen. I was having to adjust it every time.
So… right click the brave icon in the task bar. Then, in the pop up, right click the next brave icon, select properties. On the shortcut tab set ‘Run’ to ‘Maximised’.

Eh, works for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.