New install, can't see my website

Installed fresh brave on new computer.
Then I go to my website, and it doesn’t show anything:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Brave Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2. Go to https://www.revgenetics.com

3. I get this error: " This site can’t be reached www.revgenetics.com refused to connect."

Expected result:
The expected result is that the website shows on brave, like it does in Chrome, Firefox, IE, Etc.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116

Additional Information:

@usascholar,
Your site loads for me without issue on both Windows 10 and macOS. I know you said you have a “fresh” install, but can you confirm that you haven’t downloaded any extensions at this point? Additionally, does the website load when viewed in a private window?

Here is my view using chrome and brave (private brave window)
It still doesnt seem to show up, not sure why.

@usascholar,
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser? Are you connected to a VPN at this time? Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 7? Are there any other sites that don’t load or is it just this one?

I had lastpass and brainbucketextensions, but I disabled them and it still doesnt look work.

No VPN, Windows 10 Pro.

Other sites seem to load. Thats why I found it so odd.

I see what happened…

apparently there was a DNS issue and I had to flush DNS and cache on the windows machine.

You can close this one, Brave is working now.

2 Likes

@usascholar,
Glad to hear it! Good detective work. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.