New iMac with Ventura won't support Brave Browser

Got a new iMac. transferred data from MacBook pro with Ventura operating system. Brave browser seemingly not supported.

1. In doc the Brave Browser is crossed out
    Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 4.16.22 pm

2. when i click on it i get message “You can’t open the application Brave Browser because this application is not supported on this Mac”
    Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 4.16.13 pm

I am hoping there’s a simple, unlike the overwhelmingly complex fixes I saw on the community forums (none recent). I have bookmarks and apps on the browser that I hope to regain.

**Brave Version i had on the MacBook that I used to transfer to the new iMac was Version 1.46.138 Chromium 108.0.5359.94 (official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

Hello @Brettrobin sorry for this inconvenience. Please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the same error persists on those versions.

Be waiting for your response.

Hi Kevin, Beta worked, thanks. But is there a way to import the data and add-ons that I had from my old brave?

1 Like

Hi again @Brettrobin you can do it by syncing the two versions you have installed on your Mac through Brave sync, to do so please follow these steps: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021218111-How-do-I-set-up-Sync-

I had the same problem, with a newly purchased MBP running OS 13 Ventura not being able to run Brave. I downloaded the Beta as suggested above, and opened the old computer in order to create a sync code. I have input the code on the new MBP, and see that both computers are in my devices list. However, it is not syncing my open tabs or anything. In the Beta I go to to the top right, to the “hamburger” menu and select Sync, and all it does is open up the Settings and bring me to the Sync area. What am I missing?

1 Like

Hi there @LemonEar you still are unable to open the stable version of Brave on your Mac? If you are only able to open the Beta version go to brave://settings/braveSync/setup > Manage your synced devices > Sync everything let me know if that works.

Thanks so much for your help. The syncing has worked. Much appreciated.

1 Like

@Brettrobin glad to read that. If you have other concerns, please let me know or create a new community post so we can further assist you.

Regards. :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.