New computer below 15 bat

Hi,
I have a new new computer and want to move the 11bat i have earned in the past 5 months to a new browser install.
can this be done, can i copy the profile? i am have manged to sync but my bat has not moved with the sync.

i cannot verify an Uphold wallet as i do not have 15 bat :frowning:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using:
Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)No

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)No

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??Yes

I am also facing same issue; do ping me also if you get any answer

@steeven may you can give us feedback!

As far as I know, and I could be mistaken, until you have your wallet verified, your BAT tokens are tied exclusively to your browser. I’m not sure this would be possible, though, again, I could be wrong

However, try going to uphold.com and making a wallet with them (which may or may not be possible in your country/region). If you can do this, you can connect your brave browser from within uphold, even if you don’t have the required BAT to do so. TO BE CLEAR: This MIGHT be an unknown backdoor, and even though this is how I and all my friends got our wallets verified, I’m not sure if this is technically allowed according to Brave’s rules

1 Like

What @Kodadok says is right, your BAT is tied to your browser until you can send it to Uphold. However, the 15 BAT is kind of a old no longer thing for PC, it still exists for mobile devices tho. You can make a uphold account if it is supported in your region and then once it is complete with all the verifications you can connect it to your browser and that is how you would get your old 11 BAT into the Uphold account. From there when you connect your new device to the same Uphold, it should eventually show those 11 BAT in there since it will show only the Uphold balance. In addition, the 11 BAT would not be sent over to Uphold until after the payment date of Sep 7th. And your old PC would still count towards the 4 max life time device limit of Uphold. So if you truly plan to never use that old PC again, I’d say personally, forget the 11 BAT unless you really really want it. I say that because 4 max lifetime device limit, and you would have used 1 slot for the old PC just for the sake of getting the 11 BAT over just to never use it again. And your new Pc would be slot number 2. Now if you put to your mobile device and ever have to reformat your new PC or phone… Those are all gonna eat up device limits.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.