Never thought I'd say this but how do I actually get the ads?

@CactusJack As and when user browse, over certain period of time generates the interest categories and the ads are triggered over those categories available in the catalog. Can you please check this https://ads-serve.brave.com/v1/catalog whether catalog is empty or Ads are available for your region?

If it’s empty, Ads are not available. Ideally for supported regions Ads should be available (US, Canada, UK, French and Germany)

Thanks!

I am in the US.

Your link seems to be broken. When I copy that URL to a new page I get a massive wall of text that looks like the coding for the page but not a clean thing a non-coder could read.

I am having the same issue I’m in the US it worked for the first day after installation and verification but has not worked since. The link provided did not work.
****Is there a verified website with Brave ads that you can direct me to the test whether this is working or not?**.

I stopped recieving ads too. I got them for about 2 days then they just stopped

Im on windows 10. Mind you, it stopped working for two separate machines I use.

For Windows 10 users, please check this thread for additional troubleshooting steps:

2 Likes

I think it’s cool how Win10 users have some solutions but I guess Win7 is a lost cause or something at this point?

@CactusJack Thanks for checking. The link https://ads-serve.brave.com/v1/catalog provides the Ads catalog information if ads are supported for the Regions. In the below image you can see Ads Title, Payload, Segment and lot of other details associated with Ads. If Ads are not supported, the provided link should return with empty results.

Thanks!

1 Like

@CactusJack Windows 7 is officially ruled out. Ads are not supported.

cc @Mattches @jsecretan

Thanks

1 Like

@gsarvadnya hi, Turkey also will begin when the ad for users. And if you look at the comments we need to have windows 10 operating system. Thanks. :wink:

@gsarvadnya - I’m running windows 7 and ads are working fine, so I’m wondering why are ruled out?

1 Like

@creator22,
Would you mind sharing how you have your notification settings configured in Win7?

@Mattches
if you tell me, what/where exactly should I check…I will help you for sure :slight_smile:
i did not configured anything from my side, ads were working immediately after brave was installed

1 Like

@creator22,
This article may be useful – let me know if you need further assistance with this.

@Mattches

1 Like

@creator22
Holy crap, messing with that fixed it!

I seemed to have previously set that to the second from the top bar and that was probably why I wasn’t getting the ads! I reset it to never notify like you have it, and it worked.

Thank you!

1 Like

@gsarvadnya
Thank you for the screenshot of the catalog, it helped me backtrack and find out if the solution that @creator22 had presented was working.

It seems things are working now, thank you!

1 Like

@CactusJack - perfect, glad to see

1 Like

Even though I set 5 ads per hours. But I never ever see any ads, I’m currently using MacOS. And I didn’t receive any BAT for 2 months.

If you are in a country where advertising is not available, use a vpn.